AntA

Guilty Pleasure.....Music

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, BillShatnersToupee said:

Syd Lawrence recorded some of the best-sounding authentic covers, but unfortunately CDs and even vinyl versions of the original recordings by the Glenn Miller orchestra are all 'rips' from 78s, because it wasn't was recorded on to tape first in those days.

Ta ūüĎć

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BillShatnersToupee said:

Syd Lawrence recorded some of the best-sounding authentic covers, but unfortunately CDs and even vinyl versions of the original recordings by the Glenn Miller orchestra are all 'rips' from 78s, because it wasn't was recorded on to tape first in those days.

Unfortunately true. Tapes were used, but very rarely for 'popular' music. There were rumoured to have been some radio studio recordings, but none that anyone has found. Some of the Syd Lawrence stuff is very good indeed (I have a couple in my somewhat bizarre collection, it goes well sat next to Kraftwerk).

• Like 2

On 27/02/2019 at 21:06, ian917 said:

I own, and regularly play, all four Dido albums and I have the new one on pre-order (March 8th).

I too own all four Dido albums. No Angel was an absolute corker debut album; Life For Rent almost as good; Safe Trip Home - monotony; Girl Who Got Away - absolute dirge. Let's see what she comes up with this time... based on the last two albums think I'll preview the new one before I decide to purchase :) 

• Like 1

Did I mention that I have all Kylie Minogue's albums :)

Singing Budgie or Pop Princess? Personally I think Pop Princess. She can't sing live, (too nasal), but her studio albums are brilliant. Got a couple of her shows on DVD which proves she can't sing but she sure knows how to put on a show.

23 hours ago, DougK said:

Did I mention that I have all Kylie Minogue's albums :)

Singing Budgie or Pop Princess? Personally I think Pop Princess. She can't sing live, (too nasal), but her studio albums are brilliant. Got a couple of her shows on DVD which proves she can't sing but she sure knows how to put on a show.

Love the video Michel Gondry did for Come Into My Life. 

22 minutes ago, grimep said:

Love the video Michel Gondry did for Come Into My LifeÔĽŅ.¬†

Yep, very clever video, love it :)

24 minutes ago, grimep said:

another one from me....   

pure perfect pop, even if she is a bit off key

I find Madge and Kylie the same, brilliant studio albums but can't sing live unless lip-syncing, which is something Kylie doesn't do in her live shows. I like things in small packages so Kylie is my Pop Princess :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very partial to this lady. Both her and Celine were in '88 Eurovision; Celine came 1st, Lara 4th. Lara has released multiple French language albums but only three English albums, first two are excellent.

Studio version: 

Live: 

Having trouble posting some YT clips how do you guys do it? Fixed!

Edited by DougK
Thanks parcelmonkey :)

3 minutes ago, DougK said:

How do I insert YouTube clips in posts?   

Normally, just copy the web link and paste in to your post. It then embeds and loads up for easy viewing.

For some copyright reason, trying that with the video you posted won't allow it...

Another one, Donna still belting it out at 50! The 15 minute version of this track is a masterpiece.

• Like 1