Aristillus

RIP Mark Hollis

I can't believe that on my return to The Wam i am mourning the passing of Mark Hollis. A total genius in my honest opinion so undervalued and so little recognized for his excellence. From the brilliance of the elecro-dance single Talk Talk to the deeply meaningful songs of Colours Of Spring et al the man was a rare talent. Rejoice in him. play his music guys.. Bathe in his magnificence.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Very sad to hear of his passing. One of my most played artists and he will continue to honour my lounge for as long as I do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The final few seconds of the last  track of his solo album, effectively the end of his recorded output, has always felt poignant. You can sense that he has given all that he can give, said everything he wanted to say. It’s quietly devastating and yet perfect. 

Unfortunately it is now true.

RIP Mark. You have left a musical legacy that forms an inextricable part of my soul.

Heaven burns me up, should I swear to fight once more

Do you see

Wise words, wild words

Do you see....”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just returned home on a lovely sunny morning to see this news, gutted.

Farewell Mark, your wonderful music will be cherished far into the future.

Super Wammer

Spirit of Eden 

On my 2nd copy

Another sad loss. Like Bath at the weekend. Again.

I haven't visited the wam for many years now. Just wanted to check in as I think I bought Colour of Spring and Spirit of Eden on a recommendation here, fell in love with them and since then have got everything available.

His work is timeless poetry. The lyrics to April 5th are a work of art even without the music.

So thanks to whoever mentioned those albums. I was surprised to see so many of my Facebook friends commenting on his passing and how much those albums mean 

It's a rarity in the recorded music industry for an artist to have such integrity, and leave a timeless body of work.

• Like 2

The Party’s over... track.. in my top three songs of all time... 

saw Talk Talk at Hammersmith on the eve of my wedding in 86..