radiant red

Yaqin tube amps

2 hours ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Dangerous (sorry) to generalise about Chinese stuff, there are some real bargains to be had.

Yes I know generalizing about anything isn't good practice really, there are always good or even great variants and exceptions to any rules, but on my experience, I must have tried around five that I can remember of and from experience with friends who bought other variants of these Chinese amps it was just what I found. As you say some do sound very nice but Id still rather pay a bit extra and get a more legit (for want of a better word) UK variant.

I actually still have one Chinese valve amp here, ok its just a headphone amp but I do like what it does with headphones when I occasionally use it. That's actually rated at 220V as well. But as for full size Chinese amps driving speakers I'll just pass on those.

No budge on the price despite it saying make an offer. 

I shall delay my consideration on valve amps for now... thanks all for putting in your feedback 👍🏻

You could always look at class D if you were looking for a cheap amp :)  Theyre not so much of a fire hazard or dangerous for the kids to go near either :D

Very high value for money. Some bargains to be had and some decent ones out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

No budge on the price despite it saying make an offer. 

I shall delay my consideration on valve amps for now... thanks all for putting in your feedback 👍🏻

If you decide to take the plunge I have a couple of step down transformers, 240 to 220V  One is 1kVA the other is 2 kVA

4 hours ago, mr.me said:

If you decide to take the plunge I have a couple of step down transformers, 240 to 220V  One is 1kVA the other is 2 kVA

Very kind of you Sir