forgot-my-id

High-end 70s Tuners

Do I keep my Accuphase T-100, or my Pioneer TX-9800 !!!!

What would you do ?

(Im tempted to keep the Accuphase as I like it so much  :)    )

Super Wammer

A personal choice clearly, but what are your priorities? Sound? Looks? Functionality?

I have a Pioneer TX-9800 and I will certainly be keeping it until analogue radio is no longer available. It is one source in a second system and works very well if a litlle fiddly to tune by todays preset standards.

1 hour ago, forgot-my-id said:

Do I keep my Accuphase T-100, or my Pioneer TX-9800 !!!!

What would you do ?

(Im tempted to keep the Accuphase as I like it so much  :)    )

If they were mine the decision would come down to cosmetic condition .

Super Wammer

I’d be tempted by the Accuphase too, because it would probably hold its value better. That said, the Pioneer was pretty special iirc. 

I did once borrow an Accuphase tuner, can’t recall which model, but it didn’t sound better than my Hitachi FT-5500, though it looked stunning.

I always wanted a Yamaha CT7000 but those days have passed!  

I am one of those people who feels that radio has lost its appeal.  No channels on FM play the music I want to here regularly (i.e. at times I want to listen) .. my only use now is the radio in the car and thank god that is DAB to at least provide a reasonable selection of music stations.  I guess the best way to access radio now is to do it via a tablet or pc or streaming device so you can access all the internet radio stations :) 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, uzzy said:

I am one of those people who feels that radio has lost its appeal.  No channels on FM play the music I want to here regularly (i.e. at times I want to listen) .. my only use now is the radio in the car and thank god that is DAB to at least provide a reasonable selection of music stations.  I guess the best way to access radio now is to do it via a tablet or pc or streaming device so you can access all the internet radio stations :) 

What he said plus one FM Radio only - Internet Radio offers better quality and in my view better music .

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, bencat said:

What he said plus one FM Radio only - Internet Radio offers better quality and in my view better music .

But the question was which one to keep, not what would you choose if starting with nothing!

• Like 1