Sign in to follow this  
terryg1

Quad 22

Super Wammer

Afternoon all just got myself a quad 22 pre amp to run my quad 2 power amps it's working as such but I believe a good check over and service would help it sing !! Looking for recommendations if this is the right place to ask ( if not add min please move ) attending kegwoth satt/ Sunday could bring it along pm messages ok thank you 

Super Wammer

HUM 😕 No help yet 

Super Wammer

I'm not an expert but I know QUAD at Huntington can service some of the classic QUAD equipment. They still service and upgrade the 34/405 models I'm not sure about the older models. Maybe best to post this in the quad owners club in forums, see link below.

Good luck

Robin,

Quad say that they can service any piece of equipment they have made since 1936.

Local independent engineers can also do this work and in my experience are cheaper than Quad, where are you located so that we can recommend someone local.

On 17/02/2019 at 15:25, terryg1 said:

Afternoon all just got myself a quad 22 pre amp to run my quad 2 power amps it's working as such but I believe a good check over and service would help it sing !! Looking for recommendations if this is the right place to ask ( if not add min please move ) attending kegwoth satt/ Sunday could bring it along pm messages ok thank you 

If you would like to bring it along to my room at Kegworth I will be able to help.

I will be taking my Quad II's and 22 preamp as backup, in case the Electrocompainet has any issue!

Regards,

Sharif.

• Like 2

The Quad Service Dept. in Huntingdon would be my first port of call. They serviced my 22 control unit at a very competitive price some years back.  If you want to reduce costs further, I would suggest  that the ECC83 and EF86 valves  are tested and if necessary replaced as a first action so that you will not be charged  for these  items at service.

IMHO a 'Quad' serviced unit will also have a higher resale value should you decide to part with it in future years.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Thanks audioflyer I'm based in Northampton I think you are would you be willing to look at the 22 before the show ? Also thank you. Tecumseh'  valley but quad at Huntington no longer offer a service for the quad 22 pre amp thanks for your. Reply tho 

Super Wammer
On 18/02/2019 at 15:31, wizmax said:

Quad say that they can service any piece of equipment they have made since 1936.

Local independent engineers can also do this work and in my experience are cheaper than Quad, where are you located so that we can recommend someone local.

Based in Northampton guys 

32 minutes ago, terryg1 said:

Thanks audioflyer I'm based in Northampton I think you are would you be willing to look at the 22 before the show ? Also thank you. Tecumseh'  valley but quad at Huntington no longer offer a service for the quad 22 pre amp thanks for your. Reply tho 

I currently have the flu hopfully it coming to an end, now on the fouth week.

Yes I wiling to take a look at the Quad 22 per amp I'll pm you next week with my address.

Sharif. 

Super Wammer

Thank you for your reply chat more soon I'm off work Monday if that helps