Warszawa

John Darko appreciation thread

6 minutes ago, kelly200269 said:

I tend to agree.

BUT his YouTube videos are well produced, and informative. For example, I probably wouldn’t have invested in Roon if it weren’t for his explanatory videos.

As is the tripe on the Shopping Channels.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

This is exactly why I stick to records and cd's.

The man is nothing more than a life support system for a advertising board.

Hi

I'm missing your point, sorry.  Why does this kind of thing put you off 'computer based' audio?  Are you saying that playing data files from a hard drive is inferior to playing the same data from a CD?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

As is the tripe on the Shopping Channels.

Yes, but I wouldn’t put those sort of videos, and Darko’s vids in the same catogory! :whistle:

Darko makes no bones that he derives his income from his advertisers. And although he is obviously commercially focussed in that respect, some of his output is worth the time.

There’s nothing wrong with ‘monetising’ a passion for a hobby like Hi-Fi/music IMO.

Super Wammer

Yet again it is disappointing that the ones and noughts brigade are out in a flash peddling their simplistic knowledge of science.

You guys are attacking John Darko are effectively saying he is making up what he is saying in order to promote sales of one brand or another. (Except of course if John Darko says he likes the Kii Three then I'm sure that Keithy will be quite happy to pile in and say that confirms his own claims about the speaker!)

Presumably Innuos and other manufacturers of servers are being dismissed as peddlers of foo rather than offering any real differences?

How many of you nay sayer guys have heard the Innuos Statement demos at shows? If you have heard the demo then I am pretty sure that you will change your minds about whether digial servers can sound different.

Edited by Fourlegs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazed&Confused said:

Hi

I'm missing your point, sorry.  Why does this kind of thing put you off 'computer based' audio?  Are you saying that playing data files from a hard drive is inferior to playing the same data from a CD?

Thanks.

Not against computer audio at all, and it's nothing to do with SQ that tends to get me running for the record player. It's the relentless cheesy marketing that does me. 

I have a streamer. Unplugged, but it's there :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fourlegs said:

peddlers of foo rather than offering any real differences?

The colour changing status LED is inspirational.

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

The colour changing status LED is inspirational.

I'm sure there is a saying about this but I can't quite recall it.

Something about little things pleasing  . . . . . .   no, sorry, I can't remember how it ends.

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

Not against computer audio at all, and it's nothing to do with SQ that tends to get me running for the record player. It's the relentless cheesy marketing that does me. 

I have a streamer. Unplugged, but it's there :D

Presumably all vinyl kit is never tarred with that marketing brush?

I'm sure there is a saying about this but I can't quite recall it.

Something about little things pleasing  . . . . . .   no, sorry, I can't remember how it ends.

But since this product is absolutely not aimed at the ones and noughts brigade I suggest the saying lies a little closer to home 9_9

Presumably all vinyl kit is never tarred with that marketing brush?

Don't know. Don't read it.

The one advantage that vinyl will always have is a touch of surface noise. It negates the need for after market foo that claims to remove stray RF from the listening experience :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

But since this product is absolutely not aimed at the ones and noughts brigade I suggest the saying lies a little closer to home 9_9

I would place myself far more inside the ones and noughts brigade than outside, and I own an InnuOS Zenith Mk2, and I use it every day 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

The one advantage that vinyl will always have is a touch of surface noise. It negates the need for after market foo that claims to remove stray RF from the listening experience :D

???

Do you make any sense? If so, tell me when!? O.o

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

As I almost exclusively listen to music streamed from a hd what noise is this ? Not really noticed it up to now just sort listened to the music and liked it . Is this the sort of noise you do not know you have until someone demonstates it to you then you hear it all the time ? If it is then can you not show or demonstrate it to me as I quite like the music I listen to now .

1 minute ago, Dazed&Confused said:

I would place myself far more inside the ones and noughts brigade than outside, and I own an InnuOS Zenith Mk2, and I use it every day 

Thing I find most bewildering about digital audio in general is that there seems to be a small but very vocal army of experts, constantly inventing problems that then need fixing. I tend to stay away from that sort of thing as it detracts from the purpose which is enjoying music.

Advertisers are to good at selling the best thing since sliced bread one week, only to rubbish that same product a few months later when sales have reached their peak and there's a new kid on the block.

I'm not here to preach to anyone about how they best enjoy their music, nor to attack products. It's just my opinion and that is to say I don't like how the marketing is done. 

8 minutes ago, kelly200269 said:

???

Do you make any sense? If so, tell me when!? O.o

It's inside banter. Stick around and all will become clear.