orbscure

Resolution Audio Opus 21 Owners Club

I bought nice one recently for less than 700, crated etc. Well worth that sort of money. Is it better than my Chevron set up...hmmmm possibly not. 

Super Wammer

Glad your sorted Steve... think I saw that one listed too but I missed it and yet another example at around £700... so there are bargains out there, just not at the mo :) 

20 hours ago, orbscure said:

Agree 100% but there may be equally good examples sat collecting dust on a rack so it never hurts to ask :D

A few years from now I'll maybe pick up a dusty Chord Dave :D

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, mbu said:

A few years from now I'll maybe pick up a dusty Chord Dave :D

Ideal if you don't mind your music on permanent repeat ;-)

Super Wammer

All sorted now, so many thanks to everybody who commented and suggested :) 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Will do Steve :) 

I hope you like the opus 21, I have had one for years and love it, to get the best out of it you can get a cable to bypass the inbuilt pre.

Also set the volume on the CDP to 1 (0-50) and control the,volume from your pre, try it to believe it.

• Upvote 1

Martin Morecroft made my cable, it's the DIN out (DNM Reson with bullet RCA) and I have to agree - a marked difference in performance on top of an already stellar sound. Great cdp, I love mine 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, greygoose said:

I hope you like the opus 21, I have had one for years and love it, to get the best out of it you can get a cable to bypass the inbuilt pre.

Also set the volume on the CDP to 1 (0-50) and control the,volume from your pre, try it to believe it.

:) Thanks GG... I initially plan to simply run the Opus directly into my Accuphase integrated amp using the XLR out but having just downloaded the manual from here I can see there are various set-up modes a user can select.

9 hours ago, doctorjuggles said:

Martin Morecroft made my cable, it's the DIN out (DNM Reson with bullet RCA) and I have to agree - a marked difference in performance on top of an already stellar sound. Great cdp, I love mine 

:) Thanks for that too DJ, I did plan to explore connection options one the unit is in situ (this Thursday) so I will look at your cable recommendation in due course - have you got a link to make contact with him?  

Incidentally, does anybody know the model number of the laser used in this unit?

Edited by orbscure

39 minutes ago, orbscure said:

:) Thanks for that too DJ, I did plan to explore connection options one the unit is in situ (this Thursday) so I will look at your cable recommendation in due course - have you got a link to make contact with him?  

Incidentally, does anybody know the model number of the laser used in this unit?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe he's involved at Redline in some capacity, and they're also still able to service the laser too. I actually contacted them less than two weeks ago and they quoted £240 with return delivery. Can't remember the name of the laser unit - I looked into it years ago so I'll dig around and see if I can find out again 

Super Wammer

Many thanks DJ... much appreciated :) I can also see that DIN to RCA cables are available via eBay, so I may take a punt with one of those in due course...

Super Wammer

Thanks to the mods (cheers Barry :)) as there appear to be several Opus 21 owners here on the WAM, I've asked that this thread be renamed and moved to the Owners Club page. This'll give new/old or even those thinking of purchasing one of these beasts the chance to ask questions, share experiences, discuss tweaks/setting recommendations or simply chew the fat...

As a result of DJ's recommendation above, I've sourced a DIN to RCA cable from eBay and I've also sourced a spare laser from Maple Audio here :) 

Edited by orbscure
Additional info

I would like a cable to utilise the DIN to rca situation. I have a little din adaptor but I think a proper one might be better.

It is a fab CD player and DAC too. I don’t see mine going anywhere soon.

Glad you found one. 👍

Edited by Spider
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Cheers Tim... and good to meet you and your good lady Kate on Sunday :) 

With regards a cable, I sourced a DIN to RCA on eBay from this seller and although he's not listed another, just yet , its worth keeping an eye on what new listings he adds :) 

Edited by orbscure
  • Upvote 1