The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

orbscure

Resolution Audio Opus 21 Owners Club

Super Wammer

As per the title, I'm tentatively looking for a sub £1K Resolution Audio Opus 21 two-box cd-player. I'm watching all the usual places, but perhaps there's a Wammer who may be considering selling theirs, of who may know of one for sale? PM if able to help :) 

Many thanks in advance...

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/resolution-audio-opus-21-cd-player-power-centre/

Bit over your budget Pete, you may have seen it already. Great people to deal with if you don’t know them. 

Edited by Sumdumgi
  • Upvote 1

ha , beat me to it by 10 secs !!! was just going to post . looks nice though 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Many thanks chaps... that example has been available via several selling portals for quite some time now and is way above what I'd really like to shell out... As is always the way, examples have been available for between £700-£800 but now that I have the funds, its all gone quiet again... I'm currently watching eBay, HiFi For Sale and HiFi Shark... :) 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Never available when you want one!!!!

GLWP

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, hifinutt said:

Unfortunately it has Phil...  :( 

3 minutes ago, stressed said:

Never available when you want one!!!!

Ain't that always the way... desperately trying not to spend the wedge set aside for it too, which is equally as difficult :) 

• Like 1

Picked one up back in October for £699 from a dealer had 2 year warranty perfect condition supplied with everything and wooden crate. 

Edited by 2010*zuma
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Nice result... there were a couple listed around that price point back late last year but as is always the way... >:(xD

You've missed a couple over last few months,

I've got one and they are excellent, best CD player ever in my opinion.

I hope you find one

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer

Glad to hear on both counts Tim, especially the bit on how it sounds... and If I had a £1 for everyone telling me they’ve been available, I’d probably nearly have enough to buy one without using my savings xD

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, orbscure said:

Many thanks chaps... that example has been available via several selling portals for quite some time now and is way above what I'd really like to shell out... As is always the way, examples have been available for between £700-£800 but now that I have the funds, its all gone quiet again... I'm currently watching eBay, HiFi For Sale and HiFi Shark... :) 

A good condition all in order Opus 21 for that sort of price is an incredible bargain . So low it would cause me some concern. I'd certainly want eyes on and a demo'.

That '2nd hand hifi' unit has just had a new laser ( and mech ?) fitted. Presumably they've got supporting documents. If done at distributor they usually load the latest software too. Probably  getting a warranty. Maybe some wiggle room on price ? Id say that's a fair price just now.

Zuma got a serious , serious bargain. If one came up locally for that money I'd be tempted - and Ive got one already.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Agree 100% but there may be equally good examples sat collecting dust on a rack so it never hurts to ask :D

Sold one a few years ago - somewhere between £700 - £800, prices seem to have remained stable / dropped slightly.

It was pretty good, but usurped by a £400 - £500 Cullen modified PS Audio Dac - keep your eye out for one of those = better

• Upvote 1