Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Knipester

My new speaker stands taking shape Dutch&Dutch 8c

Ahead of the arrival of my shiny new d&d 8c’s I thought I’d build them a welcoming present In matching oak / black steel. 

The stands will eventually will have cable management slots down the rear legs (active & networked so a few cables to hide), a black steel central column that is filled to create a low heavy dampened centre. There’s a set of steel outriggers/ spikes on their way too to widen their stance!

more to follow... and I hope to have them at this years show for those attending to see. 

5C211D85-F1F8-4891-95F3-142DF51DF3BE.jpeg

228CA464-7916-4A0A-8FFA-EBF54DA0C323.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer

Lovely work, Paul.

Thanks @TheFlash, the stands that Lee @ strictly stereo has available are very nice steel models but I’m a timber guy.  if your speakers are sold with a USP of being clad in solid oak then it only seemed right to continue that onto the stands.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Knipester said:

Thanks @TheFlash, the stands that Lee @ strictly stereo has available are very nice steel models but I’m a timber guy.  if your speakers are sold with a USP of being clad in solid oak then it only seemed right to continue that onto the stands.

Indeed. Just make sure you're ready to scale up when D&D come knocking on your door asking if you can provide them with "OEM" oak stands at outrageous prices to be marketed worldwide...

Super Wammer

I know this is probably very obvious but I have to be honest i have neverbeen very organised . Could I ask how you knew the right dimensions for these stands with out the spekers being present . I have tried in the past to use the dimensions given but have to say it never went very well and was always just that little bit out and now would never do anything without the physical item in place. This probably say more about my lack of construtional skills than anyhting else but would be interested to know your take.

Edited by bencat

14 minutes ago, bencat said:

I know this is probably very obvious but I have to be honest i have neverbeen very organised . Could I ask how you knew the right dimensions for these stands with out the spekers being present . I have tried in the past to use the dimensions given but have to say it never went very well and was always just that little bit out and now would never do anything without the physical item in place. This probably say more about my lack of construtional skills than anyhting else but would be interested to know your take.

A very crafty trick I learnt many years ago....I measured them when I had them on demo ;-)

Edited by Knipester
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Almost there!

key features include:

ventilation holes for d class emergency fan 

cable tidy rear legs (1 for power, 1 for audio feed)

weighted central stainless steel column (2/3rd full to lower center of gravity

levelling bubble for install

eventually they’ll also have some very fancy steel outriggers with lovely spikes to widen their stance. They are somewhere on a container heading this way as I write this. They currently measure 530mm but will increase to nearer 580mm. 

Very happy with the design.  

F2D2DA38-E701-4402-9A34-78092C4FD71B.jpeg

A267B48F-2446-43CD-8FF4-E30B581CF9D2.jpeg

3CFA7DB5-4F66-4B0A-B1B4-2067C5C28379.jpeg

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Lovely work Paul, can I ask where you sourced the Oak from? I am looking to build a new Oak plinth for my TT later in the year.

Robin,