sunbeamgls

What Music Will You Be Playing at Kegworth?

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

If Mark allows me to get giddy Mr Pete Tong might get an outing ;) 

I do hope that's not a euphemism...:dunno:

19 minutes ago, Maverick said:

If Mark allows me to get giddy Mr Pete Tong might get an outing ;) 

Aren't the Boenickes very revealing then?

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

I do hope that's not a euphemism...:dunno:

Nup

the first time I stuck Killer on and described it as orchestral I turned round to see 15 blokes grinning like muppets !

3 months later Ian was still complaining, I mean a valve amp can’t drive inneficient speakers like that can it? :D 

Super Wammer
Just now, parcelmonkey said:

Aren't the Boenickes very revealing then?

:ph34r:

Just playing some lovely vocal stuff, oh yes. The swing bases courtesy of the great Knipester of this parish lift them to another level at somewhat lower price than the OEM ones ;) 

Just now, Maverick said:

Just playing some lovely vocal stuff, oh yes. The swing bases courtesy of the great Knipester of this parish lift them to another level at somewhat lower price than the OEM ones ;) 

As I stated earlier, if they can play Cannonball (Damien Rice) with all the emotion, then I'm enthralled. One of my go to test requirements...

Any system can play the track but does it convey the emotion, timbre & transparency...

:geek:

Super Wammer

As I stated earlier, if they can play Cannonball (Damien Rice) with all the emotion, then I'm enthralled. One of my go to test requirements...

Any system can play the track but does it convey the emotion, timbre & transparency...

On the play list now Ade

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The swing bases courtesy of the great Knipester of this parish lift them to another level at somewhat lower price than the OEM ones ;) 

Looking at his stuff that man produces, he definitely has skills! :^

Super Wammer

Looking at his stuff that man produces, he definitely has skills! :^

You should see what he did to a very battered pair of smaller Tannoys a couple of years back, you’d swear they were brand new.

Where I’ll be going for a bespoke rack when funds allow!

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

Being a cd of it with you, would like to see what my system does for it, or vinyl copy. 

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Being a cd of it with you, would like to see what my system does for it, or vinyl copy. 

No vinyl... Will bring CD, looking forward to meeting up with you as I seem to miss every Bake Off you have! :^

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

No vinyl... Will bring CD, looking forward to meeting up with you as I seem to miss every Bake Off you have! :^

I have it on both, if I remember that is :S

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

Next one will be in May. Have a look at your diary and see when you're free, makes no odds to me what weekend I have it, so could fit in with you. 

Also might be worth giving Joolz a PM, he's at Maidstone so you could maybe car share. 

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

Next one will be in May...

I will hopefully, fingers crossed; be moving to a new home around that time. It might be a good excuse to bring the boxed up Vitus Amp to contrast & compare?

Thanks for the update... :^

I will bring 5 tracks from Mike Valentine's recordings for anyone who wants them.

Two are the same recordings at 24/192 and 16/44.1 for those who want to compare some music and hear if high rez recordings make an audible difference. The second set is another two tracks recorded at 24/192 and 16/44.1 comparing a modern high-quality SS microphone and a 60-year-old valve microphone, which do you prefer? And the fifth track is a 10-minute excerpt from his recent recording of Beethoven 5th Concerto, which I managed to blag my way into. The dynamics are a great test for those of you claiming to have high dynamic systems.

Remember these comparisons are for fun and discussion and anyone wearing a blindfold will be taken out and shot. A good use of blindfolds. :D

Edited by George 47
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
30 minutes ago, George 47 said:

Remember these comparisons are for fun and discussion and anyone wearing a blindfold will be taken out and shot. A good use of blindfolds. :D

But a waste of bullets? ;)