sunbeamgls

What Music Will You Be Playing at Kegworth?

Super Wammer

I've built an almost complete copy of my playlist on Tidal (about 12 tracks are not on Tidal).  So you can have a look through and choose a track in advance, or just browse the tracklist in the room, but please do ask for something you'd like to hear!

Tidal Playlist

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Sadly I am never this organised in general will just go to Random Mix / Song Mix and hit play . If anyone wants a particular track or artist then they can either bring a CD or ask and will try and find . Then again I do not have any streaming services so everythings on HD.

After seeing the playlists and even the artist lists I thought I should qualify what I have said above . I will have an LMS running on a laptop which will have a 4 TB USB HD attached that contains my Library . Currently this runs to 54,000 + tracks covering nealy all musical types from lounge to thrash metal . I will just hit the song mix button and let the music flow . However on the Laptop Ronnie showed me how to load an alternative desk top for LMS whihc will be available for visitors to look through or search in order to find any paticualr artist or track they would like to hear . Alternative is bring a CD and I will then play that .

As an alternative again to that I will also have a Suitcase Challenge system that will allow anyone to send a track from their phone or tablet by bluetooth .

I am sorry but I am just not able to offer any Vinyl option .

Edited by bencat

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, bencat said:

Sadly I am never this organised in general will just go to Random Mix / Song Mix and hit play . If anyone wants a particular track or artist then they can either bring a CD or ask and will try and find . Then again I do not have any streaming services so everythings on HD.

I will be playing from a local CD rip or download.  The Tidal playlist is just so folks can have a look and listen in advance - I will not be streaming from Tidal as it doesn't sound as good as a local CD rip.

Thanks for making your playlist public. I'm still less than halfway through and although most of the tracks and artists are new to me I'm really enjoying your selection.

So much music.........so little time!! 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

What am I playing???....... whatever I happen to throw in the vinyl flight box I have here + a shoebox for CDs sometime on Friday the 15th, just before I start loading the car.

Super Wammer

I've made a shortlist of what I think I will be playing. There's a CD player for people who think my choice is rubbish.

I have:

Black Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, Rick Wakeman,Yes, Frank Zappa, Vangelis, Santana, Patrick Moraz, Edgar Broughton Band,  Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Curved Air, Boris Blank, Chantel Macgregor, Dream Theater, Jeff Healey Band, Robin Trower, Barclay James Harvest, Fairport Convention, Beatles, Focus, Colosseum,  David Bowie, Roger Waters, The Mentulls, East of Eden, Carole King, Supertramp, Yello, King Crimson. Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix.

So a bit prog, then. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I have a large playlist and will just set it on random, created in Roon and is a mix of local HD Roon, and Qobuz and as far as I know can't be exported as a list because of the mix

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, Ed Howarth said:

I've made a shortlist of what I think I will be playing. There's a CD player for people who think my choice is rubbish.

I have:

Black Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, Rick Wakeman,Yes, Frank Zappa, Vangelis, Santana, Patrick Moraz, Edgar Broughton Band,  Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Curved Air, Boris Blank, Chantel Macgregor, Dream Theater, Jeff Healey Band, Robin Trower, Barclay James Harvest, Fairport Convention, Beatles, Focus, Colosseum,  David Bowie, Roger Waters, The Mentulls, East of Eden, Carole King, Supertramp, Yello, King Crimson. Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix.

So a bit prog, then. 

So the CDP is gonna be taking a hammering on Sunday then 😂😂

• Haha 2

On 11/02/2019 at 23:00, sunbeamgls said:

I've built an almost complete copy of my playlist on Tidal (about 12 tracks are not on Tidal).  So you can have a look through and choose a track in advance, or just browse the tracklist in the room, but please do ask for something you'd like to hear!

Tidal Playlist

Always a great selection of songs you have Neil... :^

I always look to see if a system can convey the emotion in Damien Rice's voice so Cannonball for me! :stereo:

Super Wammer
29 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

Always a great selection of songs you have Neil... :^

I always look to see if a system can convey the emotion in Damien Rice's voice so Cannonball for me! :stereo:

Just ask when you're in the room - myself or Andrew will oblige!

I will be playing my usual mix of Jazz (Miles Davis, Billy Cobham, Weather Report, Dave Brubeck...), Blues (Sonny Boy Williamson, John Lee Hooker...), Prog (Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson...) electronic (Yello...), folk (Caprecaillie, Fairport...) plus any other random stuff that springs to mind at the time. I will have a CD drive attached to the PC, so should be able to play those at a push too.

Edited by Tony_J

2 minutes ago, harv said:

Probably some stuff with a little bit of bass :?

sherlock reaction s GIF

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
26 minutes ago, harv said:

Probably some stuff with a little bit of bass :?

If Mark allows me to get giddy Mr Pete Tong might get an outing ;)