Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

TurnItUp

No sound left channel? Moon Simaudio i-5

Pains me to say it but theres now no sound coming from the left channel on my Moon i-5

I had unplugged my speakers to test an unused set before selling them. 
Went to play music today and there was no sound. I realised I'd forgot to plug the speakers back in. Plugged them back in but theres now no sound from the left channel.

I'm wondering if the act of switching on the amp with no speakers attached to the cables has damaged the amp in someway? Cables were lying on the carpet. not sure if they were touching at the contacts or not.

Is this likely repairable? First time I've ever had a problem like this. No idea if its an easy fix or now an expensive paper weight. 
I'm absolutely gutted. Love the amp more than my wife.

I'm in Glasgow. Who's best bet to take it in for assessment?

Even if the unloaded channel was shorted I’d have expected the Moon to simply cut out.  However, I’m not familiar with its circuitry or fusing, so I suggest you find the manual and see what it says. 

You might find if you unplug the amp, connect speakers properly, then switch on, all will be well.  Or a simple fuse has blown. It definitely shouldn’t self destruct for such a basic event. 

OP - I answered your same post on the Moon owner's club thread if Nopiano's advice doesn't work.

29 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Even if the unloaded channel was shorted I’d have expected the Moon to simply cut out.  However, I’m not familiar with its circuitry or fusing, so I suggest you find the manual and see what it says. 

You might find if you unplug the amp, connect speakers properly, then switch on, all will be well.  Or a simple fuse has blown. It definitely shouldn’t self destruct for such a basic event. 

Thanks Nopiano, Switched it all off, disconnected then reconnected everything then switched back on but still not sound from left channel.

I'm praying its something simple and cheap to fix..

I did find a manual for it online. No mention of troubleshooting or fuse replacement, aside from a generic statement to use the correct value of fuse. 

Looks like you’re not too far from the importers:-  https://www.renaissanceaudio.co.uk/contact/

A call in the morning might be a good move.  My fingers are crossed for you! 

Loud and Clear in Glasgow and Edinburgh sell Moon and are connected to distributor/ importer.

Id bet L&C Glasgow can advise.

Bought my lovely Epos Es22's from them. Way back in 98 !