HiFiWigwam

Big Spaces For Big Systems

deleted. Wrong thread.

Edited by bohemian

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Was you tempted to bring the big guns again John? You could really flex them in a big space like that. Even give you a bit of down time to mingle or ogle at some other hi-fi if there's a bit of rotation of systems going on. 

I wasn't, BUT..........................

I've had a Brain Fart :$ and decided to go the whole hog.

So will be bringing 3 systems.

1.  The Big Guns (as you so eloquently put it) along with some new acquisitions to (hopefully) enhance the replay chain.  Must admit I am intrigued as to how the Ushers will perform once they're given room to breath.

2. The Originally planned 70s system. (as I am selling it)

3. The CDP bar system, which I'm also selling.

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I wasn't, BUT..........................

Ive had a Brain Fart :$ and decided to go the whole hog.

So will be bring 3 systems.

Buy that man a beer! That's what I like about you John, your full-on commitment :D

The Ushers were a treat last year even though they were just perhaps a teeny bit confined in their space, but they still sounded very darn good.

39 minutes ago, Lurch said:

1.  The Big Guns (as you so eloquently put it) along with some new acquisitions to (hopefully) enhance the replay chain.  Must admit I am intrigued as to how the Ushers will perform once they're given room to breath.

To answer that question, I would say extremely well! In fact, I find the more space a big dog like those Ushers have the more they deliver, and also the better they sound. I've too many times used some great larger/largish floorstanders in less than adequate confines, only to discover they were completely transformed when we moved them around houses a bit and to more space. You get some distance from them and some space around them and you just get more of that full image in front of you, and they just work how they really should if you ask me. I absolutely love bigger speakers in more of an open space shall we say, as amazing as some of these standmounts are (which is what most average sized domestic setting should be using really) there's just nothing like a big Hi-Fi speaker given the room.  

That room is heating up to be a serious bake-off exhibit. Is there going to be enough seats :D Dam, all the fun happens when I just happen to be stuck to a room exhibiting myself :( But I'll get to experience some of it Im sure. 

Edited by eddie-baby

I just thought this was a nice opportunity to share one of my all-time favourite clips from a movie again here in the big room. And the big room bit starts at 2:15 onwards, but its all amusing. And hey, the guy at the start of the video is not #Greybeard by any chance is it before the grey? :D I can actually see Colin hanging around hi-fi stores with some good looking chicks in a Ferrari jacket, or that could have even been an Arsenal F.C. coat. And I am only joking Colin (if he does read this), only a bit of fun Col :)

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer

Is there going to be an 'official' sign for this room with a schedule of when each system will be demoing ? 

Or do we need to arrange this ourselves ?

Super Wammer

Was thinking best  to sort between ourselves, don't know if it's 3 systems in 1 room or do we have 4 to spread across 2 rooms. Either way I reckon each session should be a minimum of 1hr otherwise system won't get warm before it's time to finish, + will give a decent timeframe for a wander. 

Easy enough to put a notice up Sat eve/Sun morn to let our victims to know when they will be assaulted and with which weapon. 

Edited by Lurch

Admin

It's probably best to organise the timings yourselves gentlemen. You can either provide a list or do one yourselves to put up.

Let me know which suits.

Additionally, I have decided to split the four conference spaces into 3 to give it more kudos. Happy to decide which spaces you'd each like on Saturday when you all arrive or work it out between you, either way is okay from my side.

Super Wammer

Just to clarify, is that 3 spaces for systems, or 1 space for trade and 2 for systems? Also how many big systems have we got showing? 

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, HiFiWigwam said:

It's probably best to organise the timings yourselves gentlemen. You can either provide a list or do one yourselves to put up.

Let me know which suits.

Additionally, I have decided to split the four conference spaces into 3 to give it more kudos. Happy to decide which spaces you'd each like on Saturday when you all arrive or work it out between you, either way is okay from my side.

I'll try to remember to bring some flip chart paper if that helps?

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Lurch said:

Just to clarify, is that 3 spaces for systems, or 1 space for trade and 2 for systems? Also how many big systems have we got showing? 

3 exhibitors; MF 1000 / Steve 57 / Lurch  

Super Wammer

@MF 1000 @steve 57 @Lurch  from earlier in this thread guys:

1980066976_ScreenShot2019-02-13at13_56_18.png.02552c918d55c6d48edf67d93831deb8.png

Admin

Okay let's clarify (apologies I'm snowed under this morning).

This is one huge conference and event space, the above is where the dividers are, you can have all the space for 3 of you.

MF100, Lurch and Steve57

You'll need to work it out between you as I believe some have more than one system coming.

Hope that helps.

Admin

And a misconception unfortunately is that the BAR is NOT actually in the room 

• Haha 1

That's great Peter, thanks. 

Any of the rooms are ok with me, even the slightly larger Kingston would be good or probably better for me...My 5 watts per channel should work a treat in there...

If there's 3 sharing the space. Maybe the two end rooms would be able to play at the same time so there's less down time, we can work that out on the day. 

I do think we would need to agree which rooms beforehand.

Steve 

Super Wammer

I'd have no problem in Kingston ......at home my speakers are around 3.5 m apart so I could drive across the room which would bleed a bit less into the other rooms, particularly with sub 20hz bass available - that way it would be testing out the corridor wall 😀

Fir those who haven't seen my system ....speakers are 1m high transmission line sub bass/bass partnered with KEF 104.3 for each side

Edited by MF 1000