Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Super Wammer

Whatever sequence we go for in the big room .....I'd appreciate not being on last - my work schedule has been updated and I'm flying out to Belgium on the Monday morning so a slightly earlier pack up would help me loads 4pm ish.....getting back home after 9pm and and 90 mins to unload kit etc and then be at the airport for 9am would not be a good mix 

Super Wammer
Just now, MF 1000 said:

Whatever sequence we go for in the big room .....I'd appreciate not being on last - my work schedule has been updated and I'm flying out to Belgium on the Monday morning

ah work the curse of the drinking classes !

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Visit to a well known Belgian coffee producer .....I'll be 'wired' all week 😜

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

Visit to a well known Belgian coffee producer .....I'll be 'wired' all week 😜

samples or it didn't happen

Super Wammer

Well this should prove interesting for me atleast, a choice of 15.2 x 7.6, 13.4 x 7.6 or 12.8 x 8.4 meters. My system has never been let loose in anything larger than my 3.7 x 4.3 musicroom, where they're 7'6" apart and 18" from the sidewalls, though have 3 foot behind them. 

A room which they quote easily pressurise once the dial goes above 10 o'clock, so really looking forward to letting them off their leash. 

Happy to take Ashby room if you want, and depending on socket location will probably drive from outside wall across the room. 

As for length of time on duty, I'm happy with whatever, have a co-pilot, and staying over. Also I have a track I played out with last year and would like to do the same this year if I can. 

Edited by Lurch

Super Wammer

12.8 x 8.4 meters is a bit like the Cottesmore room at Scalford ......I managed to run my system in that room ok so if no one objects I'll opt for that 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

So MF = Ashby, Steve = Kingston, looks like I'm piggy in the middle. 😁

I reckon with moderate volume + designated times for each to crank it up we should be able to run most of the time in all rooms if we want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Well this should prove interesting for me atleast, a choice of 15.2 x 7.6, 13.4 x 7.6 or 12.8 x 8.4 meters. My system has never been let loose in anything larger than my 3.7 x 4.3 musicroom, where they're 7'6" apart and 18" from the sidewalls, though have 3 foot behind them. 

A room which they quote easily pressurise once the dial goes above 10 o'clock, so really looking forward to letting them off their leash. 

Happy to take Ashby room if you want, and depending on socket location will probably drive from outside wall across the room. 

As for length of time on duty, I'm happy with whatever, have a co-pilot, and staying over. Also I have a track I played out with last year and would like to do the same this year if I can. 

This is gonna be very interesting, John I think your system is going to sound superb. And those big Ushers really need to be unleashed pal :D Let the big dogs eat as they say ;)

Super Wammer

Peter has given you guys a lot of space, please make it rock!

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, Maverick said:

Peter has given you guys a lot of space, please make it rock!

Wot!! No plinky plonky music?? 😁 😁 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lurch said:

So MF = Ashby, Steve = Kingston, looks like I'm piggy in the middle. 😁

I reckon with moderate volume + designated times for each to crank it up we should be able to run most of the time in all rooms if we want. 

I think your right about the volume. If we keep it steady i agree we should all be able to run at once and I would think if the end rooms systems point away from the partitions it may help somewhat.

At the audio talk meets, we all use a single 60'x40' ish size room. Some of the smallest systems still sound good in there but people do sit closer.

The main concern with a big room is it can highlight bass boom problems when you crank it up. Hopefully we don't have any issues with that.!

If your all happy, I'm ok with the rooms above. All the rooms are similar size within a couple of metres anyway.

Looking forwards to it...

Cheers steve

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

Wot!! No plinky plonky music?? 😁 😁 

I still have the memory of Faithless being force-fed to me via the big Ushers last year John, a very nice moment that was as well, they certainly liked those frequencies loud :D