:^

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, steve 57 said:

I'm happy to go for it 

Cheers 

will let allocation team know

Admin
On 12/02/2019 at 10:13, sunbeamgls said:

I thought that was the situation last year too.  Given that most of the rooms will be occupied with people packing kit until 7pm on Sunday, there's no way they can be let out to anyone else for the night.

You are correct, they can't let them out. And yes it does mean that I have to pay for them still. Instead of paying full price I'm offering exhibitors the chance to stay over on Sunday night also at £50 which simply helps cover some of the costs.

Super Wammer

Peter, just a quick question of clarity please: if an exhibitor leaves on Sunday after the show and doesn't stay over is there a charge for their room for Sunday?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
14 hours ago, Maverick said:

at present the only other large system taking up Peter's offer is by MF 1000 / Keith so please let us know?

FYI @HiFiWigwam

So if there are only 2x systems, that means the centre partition gap might be big enough for them both to run at the same time?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

So if there are only 2x systems, that means the centre partition gap might be big enough for them both to run at the same time?

I would think so perhaps Peter will advise

Admin
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Peter, just a quick question of clarity please: if an exhibitor leaves on Sunday after the show and doesn't stay over is there a charge for their room for Sunday?

can you PM me please

Super Wammer
Just now, HiFiWigwam said:

Yes, I still have to pay for it. However if anyone does want to stay then all I'm asking is a £50 payment which includes breakfast. This is more to help me cover costs.

Peter, thanks for the clarification - knowing the average wammer's food consumption the hotel may lose money !

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Big enough, yes, but the partition will doubtless be a not-very-soundproof at all so there is no way two large systems could be playing at the same time. Unless they were level-matched and playing exactly the same music at the same time!

Think of it as one large room. Which it is.

Super Wammer

FYI

http://www.kegworthhotel.co.uk/conference-centre/

Includes link to pdf brochure which includes this (my partial screenshot) of room locations and dimensions.

Peter will perhaps be able to confirmwhich rooms we are talking about and which will be divided if necessary.

I have this spooky feeling that the Ashby will somehow attract most interest as a potential "home" for the weekend. Can't think why...

1980066976_ScreenShot2019-02-13at13_56_18.png.02552c918d55c6d48edf67d93831deb8.png

Edited by TheFlash

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Big enough, yes, but the partition will doubtless be a not-very-soundproof at all so there is no way two large systems could be playing at the same time. Unless they were level-matched and playing exactly the same music at the same time!

Think of it as one large room. Which it is.

Peter said there would be 3x partitioned areas.  So if there are only 2x systems, there could be 2x partitions and an empty "room" between the 2x systems. In the above diagram, Kingston and Lockington would be occupied with Hathern empty.

I thought of it only as a possiblity rather than it be defnitely possible.

Edited by sunbeamgls

Admin

We will decide on what to do when we see how many will take up the offer. I can leave this until quite late as its an easy move around BUT to answer some questions:

Turns will need to be taken whoever exhibits in these spaces.

We also have vinyl and accessory sales again who will also be next door (either in one OR two) as I'm still awaiting confirmation.

On 11/02/2019 at 15:07, Lurch said:

especially as :

Was you tempted to bring the big guns again John? You could really flex them in a big space like that. Even give you a bit of down time to mingle or ogle at some other hi-fi if there's a bit of rotation of systems going on. 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, sunbeamgls said:

Peter said there would be 3x partitioned areas.  So if there are only 2x systems, there could be 2x partitions and an empty "room" between the 2x systems. In the above diagram, Kingston and Lockington would be occupied with Hathern empty.

I thought of it only as a possiblity rather than it be defnitely possible.

Great lateral thinking, sir. I only speak from extensive experience of sitting in Conference Room A and hearing clearly the laughter and applause from Conference Room B (all conference rooms are fictitious and any resemblance to conference rooms living or dead is purely coincidental).

It will be great, won't it, if we can get the Scalford style bigger systems alongside the benefits of the new Kegworth venue which we all enjoyed last year.