HiFiWigwam

Big Spaces For Big Systems

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

Sat in a cafe in Brussels airport at the mo .....will keep a watch on developments etc.

Does anyone have any rough dimensions for this conference room etc 

.....just thought .....The venue charging another £300 when 'we' have taken over the whole hotel for the weekend frankly is a pi** take imho.

I agree, especially as :

A. With us there they've no opportunity to rent it out anyway. 

B. Last year it was left fallow, and just filled with stacks of spare chairs. 

C. They will be raking in extra bar revenue form not just us, but visitors. 

D. They will also have added revenue from bar meals, will probably sell far, far more than on a normal weekend with the potential number of bodies attending. 

E. This time of year I doubt there weekend room occupancy would be much higher than 30%. They will have 100% room occupancy and not have to rely on older couples ordering a sandwich and sonatogen chasers to make it a worthwhile weekend. 

Admin
3 hours ago, Brigadoon said:

So if  I were to stay Sat & Sunday night and take a share of the Big Room  it would cost

Saturday night £  85

Big Room         £  50

Total                 £135

Is this correct?

Sat night £85

Sun night £85 (I think I can discount the Sunday night to just £50)

Big conference room share £50

Total £185 for big system room and two nights

Admin
8 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I agree, especially as :

A. With us there they've no opportunity to rent it out anyway. 

B. Last year it was left fallow, and just filled with stacks of spare chairs. 

C. They will be raking in extra bar revenue form not just us, but visitors. 

D. They will also have added revenue from bar meals, will probably sell far, far more than on a normal weekend with the potential number of bodies attending. 

E. This time of year I doubt there weekend room occupancy would be much higher than 30%. They will have 100% room occupancy and not have to rely on older couples ordering a sandwich and sonatogen chasers to make it a worthwhile weekend. 

Let me be clear on this, I have to pay for the whole hotel, whether we fill the rooms or not, Saturday AND Sunday night, so I'm paying for all the trade suites as well, this way of doing some bigger systems helps towards me not losing as much as I usually do on this event. I'm not making anything on trade either so unless it happens as I suggested we'll need to knock it on the head.

Super Wammer

Fair enough Peter. Thought it was the hotel trying to drag a few more shillings out of us. 

Super Wammer

What happens if only 2 or 3 of us sign up for the big room ? 

Admin

Don't worry, I'll still have to cover it, but I'm happy to proceed, hopefully we can get as many as possible, there is actually space for 3 rooms with 2 or 3 systems in each, so hopefully we can attract some of the old crowd.

• Upvote 2

Sounds fun. It'll be interesting to mix it up a bit. 

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Tony_J said:

It isn't a huge hotel so the rooms are all pretty close to the bar

And somewhat easier to navigate that Scalford Hall, Tony is right though if you were in syndicate 23 it was miles, even at the end of a corridor at Kegworth less than 20 seconds I’d say 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
17 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

Sat night £85

Sun night £85 (I think I can discount the Sunday night to just £50)

Big conference room share £50

Total £185 for big system room and two nights

I thought exhibitors (members non-trade) didn't pay for the Sunday night?

Edited by Brigadoon

This is fantastic, count me in for 2020, please. I hope you get enough takers to make it happen this year.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Brigadoon said:

I thought exhibitors (members non-trade) didn't pay for the Sunday night?

I thought that was the situation last year too.  Given that most of the rooms will be occupied with people packing kit until 7pm on Sunday, there's no way they can be let out to anyone else for the night.

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer
On 11/02/2019 at 13:16, steve 57 said:

I'll  wait and see what the responses are. My concern is there may be a bit of competition if two systems are sharing a room.. and to pay the extra and get half the play time I'm not too sure..

On the other hand my system works well in a large room so would be happy to go for it in principal... 

at present the only other large system taking up Peter's offer is by MF 1000 / Keith so please let us know?

FYI @HiFiWigwam

49 minutes ago, Maverick said:

at present the only other large system taking up Peter's offer is by MF 1000 / Keith so please let us know?

# ff1d1l (Nial) might be interested, or he might just go for a regular room again, Im sure he'll catch up at some point. Currently, he's working on some JBL 4430 clones, they might sound in very very nice in a larger space, I know he has the amp for it. But its his call.  

Edited by eddie-baby

22 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

# ff1d1l (Nial) might be interested, or he might just go for a regular room again, Im sure he'll catch up at some point. Currently, he's working on some JBL 4430 clones, they might sound in very very nice in a larger space, I know he has the amp for it. But its his call.  

As they're a bit of an unknown quantity, and not bigger than the Urei 811As I exhibited with last year, I'll stick with last years room, which I've been offered. The Ureis gelled with the room last year so hopefully the JBLs will too. But ta for the thought Eddie!

1 minute ago, ff1d1l said:

As they're a bit of an unknown quantity, and not bigger than the Urei 811As I exhibited with last year, I'll stick with last years room, which I've been offered. The Ureis gelled with the room last year so hopefully the JBLs will too. But ta for the thought Eddie!

:^