Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

The Chronicals

Bottom Ported Speakers in a Flat?

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Are you saying you've heard these somewhere, rather than just in this video? Was it in a similar sized room to yours?

No, Ive never heard them, and these are the standmounts, I would be looking at the floorstanders, but have been tempted at the standmounts also.

5 hours ago, The Chronicals said:

Not possible due to the nature of the speaker itself as it does not have a flat bottom, I mentioned it earlier.

I was suggesting it for Electro not you actually, in response to things he suggested he might try.

Id imagine the Townshend products would work very well in this application, but Id never part with that sort of money on a platform. 

I genuinely think they would do nothing of any benefit to you. Sound is transmitted through the air, not primarily by cabinet vibration. 

No, Ive never heard them, and these are the standmounts, I would be looking at the floorstanders, but have been tempted at the standmounts also.

You're not saying you think they sound 'epic' based on having listened to the YouTube video are you?

Yes I realised you were considering the floorstanding model but was just thinking if you'd heard and loved the standmounts in a similar sized room to yours then they may be a better option.

Is there a particular reason you're looking to replace your current speakers or just generally looking for an upgrade? Right now I'll be honest it sounds like you're taking a bit of a blind (deaf?) punt on some speakers, which you might well regret. I might be missing something though.

The majority of ProAc floorstander speakers are bottom ported..

Edited by Strider