Colinjg

My First Streaming experience.

Sevenoaks are selling off the previous Bluesound models ie: Node 2 for £299 inc delivery, others models available too such as the Powernode 2 @ £499 down from £799

Check out the Streamers in the Clearance pages.

Might be of interest to some.

I’d a mental shortlist of the Bluesound and Aries Auralic but the latter doesn’t support AirPlay I think, is there a feeling that the news Node 2i is significantly better than the 2? This is some saving and more what I had in mind.

Super Wammer

Alexa is available on the Node2 aswell. Bluesound are very good with their updates both for the app and the firmware. Also very quick, downtime is normally less than 2 minutes, unless they've added some additional features (ability to handle higher sampling frequencies/additional input options) then I see no point in going for the newer part number unless you absolutely must have the possibly uprated spec. 

Edited by Lurch

What surprises me about streaming is that in this age of on-line video viewing, which probably requires an order of magnitude greater bit rate, that it is so hard and expensive to get even lossless compressed CD-audio from anywhere.

Can you get it for anything less than £20/month (£200/yr)...?

5 hours ago, SteveMatthews said:

I’d a mental shortlist of the Bluesound and Aries Auralic but the latter doesn’t support AirPlay I think, is there a feeling that the news Node 2i is significantly better than the 2? This is some saving and more what I had in mind.

I've got the Node 2i on order, it should be with me tomorrow. I have no headphone o/p on my amp, so I plan to use BT headphones for casual listening via the Node 2i.

Bluesound themselves feel pleased with the improvement over the Node 2, but they would say that !

Maybe there will be a Node 2 / 2i to compare at Kegworth?

5 minutes ago, v1nn1e said:

Can you get it for anything less than £20/month (£200/yr)...?

Yes you can. Deezer Elite for £14.99 via Sonos. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, kabayiri said:

I have no headphone o/p on my amp, so I plan to use BT headphones for casual listening via the Node 2i.

If the 2i is similar to the 2, then at the front under the blue led is a 3.5mm headphone jack so no need to put up with the inferior SQ of BT headphones. 

24 minutes ago, Lurch said:

If the 2i is similar to the 2, then at the front under the blue led is a 3.5mm headphone jack so no need to put up with the inferior SQ of BT headphones. 

My plan is to route the tv sound through the node 2i, and use my running BT headphones when I am doing my fitness video workouts.

Not exactly HiFi, I appreciate.