graham67

homepage for kegworth?

silly question I know, but could someone please point me to the home page for the kegworth event.

i want to send it to a non wammer who is interested but I can only find forum chatpages which are now somewhat long.

i would like something that shows the visitor dates, times, cost, directions, how to buy tickets, parking etc.

I am sure it is obvious when i see it, but it Is eluding me.... :S

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Mods ?

Doesn't seem to be one yet. The page that is usually used has still got last year's info. I'm actually starting to worry this might not happen now.

@HiFiWigwam ?

Edited by orangeart

Admin

I apologise that this is taking longer than usual but it will be available soon. No one needs to worry at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, graham67 said:

hi again, is kegworth open to non exhibitors on Saturday as well as Sunday?

thanks!

Is it a hotel? Are the doors open? Is the bar stocked? If yes to those three questions; turn up, drink up and start staggering around corridors from about 6.30pm, no one will know, you'll blend in.

Anyways, always ask for forgiveness rather than asking for permission! :doh:

:D

• Haha 2

hehe, I will stick to sunday then. I was planning to ask my cousin, and the thought of exposing him to rooms full of jolly fortified wammers may put him off hi-fi for good 😆

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
On 08/02/2019 at 10:08, HiFiWigwam said:

I apologise that this is taking longer than usual but it will be available soon. No one needs to worry at all.

Perhaps whilst the complete picture is in development, at least the date could be updated so its current?  The rest of it still looks pretty much relevant.

Super Wammer

I f you have bought a ticket to Sunday and you want to visit on Saturday then you will be very welcome . Not all rooms will be fully set up but many will and after about 19.00 or so some of the exhibitors will drift back to there rooms and put there systems on . People are then welcome to drift in and out of rooms and listen have a chat and a few drinks.

Super Wammer

The www site is now up

https://www.thehifishow.com/

No advance tickets and no payment by card. Peter, I guess you know what you are doing  but that seems a sure fire way to hugely cut down on the amount of visitors coming to my mind. There are only 4 weeks to go so making it as easy as possible to sell as many tickets as possible would seem prudent. Once people have paid, even if we get completely snowed in and nobody turns up you've got your cash to cover the event still. If nobody turns up and it's cash at the door, you're screwed. 

If you need a hand setting up a payment system, I can help?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Surely it should be relatively easy to add the Wam Paypal account as used for membership to the show webpage for advanced ticket payment???  And PP also does transactions to mobile numbers so that's 2 easily actioned electronic payment methods in place of no card payment system.