Sign in to follow this  
v1nn1e

HMV - yes? No? Maybe?

Sounds like they've been saved - and, being selfish, the Guildford shop is to remain open.

Has anyone bought anything on-line from them recently? The web site's still there but not sure I'm confident enough quite yet... :/

Super Wammer

The PureHMV website for loyalty is still down. If they don't honour the massive amount of points I have built up they won't be getting any more business from me.

I bought a couple of CDs from a branch recently but I must admit I've been buying secondhand discs online. Mostly from Music Magpie, usually around £3 including postage, not had any problems so far plus I haven't got to drive to the shops and pay for parking. Sorry HMV.

Yeah, off-line purchases are all about convenience - Tesco, Sainsbury's...

Wonder if Aldi will ever get into music...?

20 hours ago, v1nn1e said:

Sounds like they've been saved - and, being selfish, the Guildford shop is to remain open.

Has anyone bought anything on-line from them recently? The web site's still there but not sure I'm confident enough quite yet... :/

It's there but as a news site only.

You can't buy from it even if you wanted to.

Super Wammer

quite by chance passed HMV this week , what an absolute treasure trove of stuff . thousands of dvds , some of which i have not even heard of . some real nuggets . so ended up with 5 for 20 quid which is not bad . 

they are expected to be in profit by the end of the year according to retail news 

Let's hope the new owner makes a go of it & HMV succeeds under his ownership - he says he's a vinyl lover which can only help.
With the dominance of streaming he has his work cut out though.
At least Ashley didn't get it...