Sign in to follow this  
jkbmusic

Remembering those who gave so much.

No, not the Armed forces, there is already a special day for that:flowers:.

This is to pay homage to all those who gave us so much enjoyment over the years. Wether in the form of Live concerts, recorded music, or other reasons. 

Today it is 8 years since Gary Moore passed away, to that great gig in the sky. I was fortunate enough to see him live at Newcastle City Hall, just a few years before he died. 

My first infatuation with his music was as a session musician, playing guitar for Dr. Strangely Strange, back in 1970 on the Heavy Petting album. A band which I have always had a soft spot for.

I am currently playing Blues for Jimi on CD. If you want to check out his music, try “Still got the Blues”, “After Hours”, or my favourite “Dark days in paradise”

R.I.P. Gary Moore, you’re sorely missed.

:RIP:

Edited by jkbmusic
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I saw Gary play  live many times over the years.

This played loud still blows me away.

He was a master of that guitar.

He made it look so easy.

Edited by Bignose5

John Martyn. I saw him perform live at what was the Centre Hotel in Southsea around 1980.

I had the privilege of buying him a pint and chatting with him (about the Bose PA speakers and delay effects used in ‘Johnny Too Bad’) in the hotel bar afterwards.

I never realised at the time what a farked up life the man had (nor how much worse it would become) but I was only 17 and the music was amazing (and still is).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chebby said:

John Martyn. I saw him perform live at what was the Centre Hotel in Southsea around 1980.

I had the privilege of buying him a pint and chatting with him (about the Bose PA speakers and delay effects used in ‘Johnny Too Bad’) in the hotel bar afterwards.

I never realised at the time what a farked up life the man had (nor how much worse it would become) but I was only 17 and the music was amazing (and still is).

I had intended this thread to be similar to "On this day", but I'm sure Iain David McGeachy, who died on 29 January 2009, would be pleased to be remembered. This I my favourite track of his.

Super Wammer
22 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

No, not the Armed forces, there is already a special day for that:flowers:.

This is to pay homage to all those who gave us so much enjoyment over the years. Wether in the form of Live concerts, recorded music, or other reasons. 

Today it is 8 years since Gary Moore passed away, to that great gig in the sky. I was fortunate enough to see him live at Newcastle City Hall, just a few years before he died. 

My first infatuation with his music was as a session musician, playing guitar for Dr. Strangely Strange, back in 1970 on the Heavy Petting album. A band which I have always had a soft spot for.

I am currently playing Blues for Jimi on CD. If you want to check out his music, try “Still got the Blues”, “After Hours”, or my favourite “Dark days in paradise”

R.I.P. Gary Moore, you’re sorely missed.

:RIP:

I saw him twice, here in Bristol. I think it’s fair to say that I’ve never seen anyone that could play the way he did. Ridiculously good.

• Upvote 1