Tony_J

Room sitting requests/offers

From past experience, exhibiting for the whole of the Sunday without a break gets to be hard going, so the opportunity for a leg stretch, a spot of lunch, and a visit to the other rooms can be very welcome. So, if you are looking for a room sitter for an hour or so or are willing to offer your services as one, comment away.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

As i will be on my own I would be very happy if anyone could offer a break around lunch time to do just as Tony says .

On 04/02/2019 at 14:41, bencat said:

As i will be on my own I would be very happy if anyone could offer a break around lunch time to do just as Tony says .

I'd be happy to Andrew. 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, insider9 said:

I'd be happy to Andrew. 

Fantastic Luke I will be there from Friday through to Monday so once I have a room number we can meet up and sort things out .

4 hours ago, bencat said:

Fantastic Luke I will be there from Friday through to Monday so once I have a room number we can meet up and sort things out .

Sure, no problem. 

I should be able to help if required but please note...

I might be a little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, & a little bit arrrrgggh!

And I know nothing about vinyl, you have been warned!

:^

:D

• Haha 2

Looks like I will be available for a limited amount of room sitting duties and for bringing any emergency spares.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, moo-fi said:

Looks like I will be available for a limited amount of room sitting duties and for bringing any emergency spares.

Hey great news Fred. Come pay me a visit bud, be really good to see you. Wouldnt mind a wander myself actually at some point so if you could give us half hour or so Id be delighted, but looking forward just to having a catch up with you anyway.

Suitcase system all ready to go. Got some very interesting ProAcs. The smallest ever made (as far as Im aware), but I can tell you theyre seriously good for a satellite, more like a mini 1sc, they're actually even ok without a sub, but Im squeeing a tiny one in for good measure, to make things 'miniature' full range and appear to be larger. Thats the plan anyway, it sounds good here.

I wasn't actually planning on exhibiting this year as I enjoyed last year just as a guest and wandering a little, but initially thought numbers were down just a little so in the interest of a very good cause/hobby/forum I threw my hat in the ring. It'll be an interesting little system and add to the show at least, the Wam is the best homebrew show around, we want to keep it that way, so giving a bit back to the Wam is fine. As I have had some amazing days/nights off the back of the forum (such as the much celebrated Pembs bakes etc) and met some great fellow enthusiasts / friends as a result.  

Edited by eddie-baby

No problem Eddie, be good to catch up again.  ProAc don't seem to make a bad speaker, with a house sound throughout the range.  I had considered throwing a pair of RCF TT08 in suitcase along with a small mixer, but then thought about 128db in a small room.

Super Wammer

I'm attending Saturday Sunday give me a shout out if you nead a hand or 2 👍👍

Super Wammer

Looks like I will now be around for all of Sunday so happy to room sit, to enable anyone to get lunch, a coffee or loo break. Could also fetch and carry a sandwich or coffee cup, or find something in my box of cables and tools from the car! 

Now staying at the venue on Saturday night so let’s arrange then, but by all means PM me first. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Newbee here.

Seeking a minder for the Sunday lunch break, maybe a brief look-around or just for company.

I will have 3 'suitcase challenge' systems, room 12.

Each of the 3 systems will be able to also play anyone's music, the minder's or visitors', provided their device has 3mm jack out or WiFi Airplay. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/02/2019 at 16:35, moo-fi said:

Hi moo-fi.  I'd be grateful if you could room sit for me over lunch or in the afternoon.  I'm in room 103, so perhaps we can work out what works for you when I get there on Saturday.  Thanks Ian

Edited by aggers
typo

No problem Ian.  Everyone needs a break and time for a wonder round.