Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

Amormusic

WTD: portable headphone DAC

Hi folks,

I want to pick up a portable headphone DAC to groove up my Spotify Premium>iPhone >Audio Technica ATH-M50X for whilst I’m on the move. 

Has anyone got anything hanging around that you’re not using?

Also happy to buy one new, so very happy for any pointers please. 

Cheers all.

Edited by Amormusic

I have an Arcam rPac if its of any interest, works perfectly and great physical condition.

I have a Ray Samuels "The Intruder" available at the moment. I can post the details if you're interested

hi,

I have an Oppo HS-2 portable unit. Non SE model.

Not used for more than a year, so clearly surplus to requirements.

It is complete with box, manual and all leads and accessories, condition is not new but otherwise excellent.

I am based in Poole, Dorset. Price £100 including regular postage.

I am new here so I shall try and post a photo when I have worked out how to do it!

Cambridge Audio Dacmagic DS V2 comes up sometimes for £40 ish. Maybe new

didn't work with my Google Pixel though. I dunno, USB issue? Iphones don't do digital volume control maybe we're having a dig

who knows >?

edit: the OPPO might be amazing though. I have been after a sonica or the other one for a little while. Until today, an fact.

Edited by Millennium

Does your iPhone have a USB-C socket? If so the cheap standard Apple DAC looks like it will take some beating:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-apple-vs-google-usb-c-headphone-adapters.5541/

Super Wammer

I’ve got a Noble BT amp.  Actually works okay although there is some background noise.  Also takes a bit of time for the digital ‘handshake’ to occur.  Worked well with my iPhone & Noble IEMs.  PM me if interested - just looking to cover postage plus a donation at Poppy time.