Llancaedydd

For sale - Shahinian Arcs audiophile loudspeakers. £500

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.f84a4279985941106143bb4829223779.jpg

After many years of trouble-free enjoyable listening, I have recently replaced my Shahinian Arcs and so they need to find a new home. 

I was reluctant to list them on eBay as thought most users there wouldn’t know what they are looking at. A Google search found this forum where a Shahanian owners thread exists so seemed ideal. Rather than write my own amateur review of the characteristics of these legendary speakers, I advise anyone interested to do your own search - this will turn up several reviews, all of which positive. Retail price of the current model of these speakers is £6,500. 

I don’t know the exact age of the speakers but I have had them for about 20 years. They have had one previous owner, I bought them as pre-owned from New Audio Frontiers in Loughborough (no longer trading). The previous owner had the speakers sprayed black as you’ll see in the photos. The only damage is a small tear in the diaphragm of one unit which doesn’t affect the audio performance, I have provided a close-up of the tear. 

I am very happy to provide a listening demonstration at my house in West Bridgford on the outskirts of Nottingham. 

Edited by Llancaedydd
Typo

I once had a speaker with a tear like that. I had some brown gooey glue left over from a foam repair I did and put it on the back of the surround to hold them together as inconspicuously ad possible. It worked a treat for as long as I.had them, only a purist would have been concerned.

• Like 1

hi Llancaedydd,

if you can ship the speakers I'll buy them - let me know, pls :roll: . thanks

With a Welsh name like that, I just wish you were nearer :) Always wanted to try a set of these and at that money if they suited my system I could quite easily give them a long term good home. But too many ifs there unfortunately :(

• Like 1

Hi Trane, 

2 hours ago, trane said:

hi Llancaedydd,

if you can ship the speakers I'll buy them - let me know, pls :roll: . thanks

Hi trane, I think that shipping to Hungary might be unpleasantly expensive! They are pretty heavy as you'd guess. If you don't mind, I'll let this post run for a couple of days and if I get no interest elsewhere I'll get you a shipping quote. Is that OK?

2 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

With a Welsh name like that, I just wish you were nearer :) Always wanted to try a set of these and at that money if they suited my system I could quite easily give them a long term good home. But too many ifs there unfortunately :(

3 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

I once had a speaker with a tear like that. I had some brown gooey glue left over from a foam repair I did and put it on the back of the surround to hold them together as inconspicuously ad possible. It worked a treat for as long as I.had them, only a purist would have been concerned.

I really appreciate your taking the time to let me have that tip. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Llancaedydd said:

I have recently replaced my Shahinian Arcs

What did you replace them with out of interest?

I'd so love to try these speakers, any special deals for Welshmen? No must resist! no more speakers :) 

1 hour ago, Llancaedydd said:

Hi Trane, 

Hi trane, I think that shipping to Hungary might be unpleasantly expensive! They are pretty heavy as you'd guess. If you don't mind, I'll let this post run for a couple of days and if I get no interest elsewhere I'll get you a shipping quote. Is that OK?

sure, no probs. to note, though, I believe I have a private courier who does shipping most safely and at reasonable prices :notworthy:

Replying on here to bring it to the attention to the member who bought the speakers and paid for them. Still waiting to hear back from you, I have DMd you three or four times now with contact details so we can arrange collection. Please check your messages. Thanks 

Super Wammer

:cafe:

On 05/03/2019 at 08:06, Bourney said:

I bet I can guess who the buyer is...

not me, I'm afraid

Did these speakers sell after? or is there any more Shahinian's about at similar money (these or others) ?? PM me if there is

Edited by eddie-baby