newlash09

Suspended, direct drive, belt driven TT, what's the difference

22 hours ago, newlash09 said:

Hi V1 ne

Wow..you've nailed it there. That is probably why I love the gyrodecs. The sense of it making music visually. Even I would never change the platter to an orbe, even if I got it for free. I would sorely miss the spinning brass counter weights. In fact I saw some video of the gyrodecs with a warm led light below of low intensity. And when the gyro was playing music with the lights interplay, it looked orgasmic to me :D

Calm down!:bouncey::D

Mini Me!:testy1::)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, newlash09 said:

Hi again radiant..I was thinking new. And an all in one :), if something like that exists. Don't think I know anything about changing arms and cartridges. So  prefer to buy a combo new and keep it unmolested for as long as I can foresee :D

Oh no yo won't.:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeeRay said:

Yes Analogue Seduction have a large online site.It is always best to hear if you can first. There is a new Sevenoaks store in Norwich, also several other dealers. I did not think there was much in Ipswich? Do you have transport? 

Thanks Beeray...there was no one in Ipswich that I could find by googling online, except one outlet that looked to be into home theatre installations, but not exactly retail. Unfortunately I don't have transport, so have to use the trains to get to Norwich, and a taxi from there on. But I was really tight on time last time. So maybe will be luckier next time. But signals in Ipswich, which is the closest to me, had Nottingham analogue, but stopped Michelle decks. 

Sevenoaks are good but not all the shops stock all brands. A quick look at the stores in Norwich, Cambridge, Witham, only Norwich stock and sell Michell products. From Felixstowe Norwich is about a 1.5 hour by car or train each way.

Newlash, I live in Witham and know the Sevenoaks guys reasonably well, I'll drop in and ask if they can get Gyro delivered to them for you to audition, (Witham is about 50 mins each way). When are you next due to berth at Felixstowe? 

The Cambridge branch also sell Michell, although they may not always have a demo model on the shelves to gaze lovingly at.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, manicatel said:

The Cambridge branch also sell Michell, although they may not always have a demo model on the shelves to gaze lovingly at.

Oh yeah, so they do. Looking at the website Witham also sell the Gryo too.

Don't forget, Newlash, that you would also need to factor in the price of a cartridge. 

Edited by DougK
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2019 at 05:48, DougK said:

Sevenoaks are good but not all the shops stock all brands. A quick look at the stores in Norwich, Cambridge, Witham, only Norwich stock and sell Michell products. From Felixstowe Norwich is about a 1.5 hour by car or train each way.

Newlash, I live in Witham and know the Sevenoaks guys reasonably well, I'll drop in and ask if they can get Gyro delivered to them for you to audition, (Witham is about 50 mins each way). When are you next due to berth at Felixstowe? 

Thanks a lot for your very very kind gesture DougK. Will surely bear in mind for my future trips to Felixstowe. My itinerary is not certain as of now, as iam contemplating a change in employer after 13 long years with the same company. So lots of changes ahead, and places I used to frequent previously too might change now. But if by a stroke of luck , I were to return to Felixstowe, I will surely ping you sir...thanks a lot again :)

13 hours ago, newlash09 said:

Thanks a lot for your very very kind gesture DougK. Will surely bear in mind for my future trips to Felixstowe. My itinerary is not certain as of now, as iam contemplating a change in employer after 13 long years with the same company. So lots of changes ahead, and places I used to frequent previously too might change now. But if by a stroke of luck , I were to return to Felixstowe, I will surely ping you sir...thanks a lot again :)

No problem Newlash. If your berthing at Felixstowe coincided with my day off work I was even going to offer my services as your personal gratis taxi to and from Witham as lugging a Gyro on public transport wouldn't be much fun... Felixstowe isn't that far away from me.

Known you on various forums over the years and you seem like a decent chap :) Good luck with your possible move of employer... As a note for the future both Tilbury and the Essex Gateway ports are also close for me too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DougK said:

No problem Newlash. If your berthing at Felixstowe coincided with my day off work I was even going to offer my services as your personal gratis taxi to and from Witham as lugging a Gyro on public transport wouldn't be much fun... Felixstowe isn't that far away from me.

Known you on various forums over the years and you seem like a decent chap :) Good luck with your possible move of employer... As a note for the future both Tilbury and the Essex Gateway ports are also close for me too. 

Wows that's really great and very generous of you DougK. Will certainly take up on your kind offer on my next visit. Thanks a lot again :)

Super Wammer
On 09/02/2019 at 10:10, DougK said:

Top wamming DougK, I love this place for the helpfulness of its members.

• Like 1