The Chronicals

New Q Acoustics Concept 300

Super Dealer

Stereophile review the Q500 this month and compare them to the much more expensive DeVore Gibbons,

https://www.stereophile.com/content/devore-fidelity-gibbon-x-loudspeaker-measurements

Does anyone subscribe to Stereophile and could post the 500’s measurements?

Keith

19 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Stereophile review the Q500 this month and compare them to the much more expensive DeVore Gibbons,

https://www.stereophile.com/content/devore-fidelity-gibbon-x-loudspeaker-measurements

Keith

Must be funky then...

I'll get my coat

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

If measurements from Stereophile are important to you, why not subscribe yourself?

Super Dealer

I was a long term subscriber and the digital version costs very little, but apart from JA’s measurements there wasn’t much in their I found edifying.

Have you seen the Devore’s measurements, that’s what happens when you don’t use a microphone!

Keith

Edited by PuritéAudio

Super Wammer

I saw them. Yawned. Considered printing them off for my grandsons to colour in, then returned to the real world and my system. 

• Like 1

Super Dealer

Stereophile just posted the review,

https://www.stereophile.com/content/q-acoustics-concept-500-loudspeaker-measurements

A very much cleaner set of measurements than the Devore’s at a third of the price,

Keith

7 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Stereophile just posted the review,

https://www.stereophile.com/content/q-acoustics-concept-500-loudspeaker-measurements

A very much cleaner set of measurements than the Devore’s at a third of the price,

Keith

It made me so excited I let out a little sex wee. :doh:

No one cares Keithy.

Edited by The Chronicals

Super Dealer

I thought you might have cared as you started the thread.

Keith

Both subjectivism and objectivism have a place and everyone here is permitted an opinion.

Super Dealer

Which aspect of the speakers do you care about, the colour?

Keith

Just now, PuritéAudio said:

Which aspect of the speakers do you care about, the colour?

Keith

Funnily being a sound based product, I am interested how they sound,. Crazy huh?

2 minutes ago, rabski said:

Both subjectivism and objectivism have a place and everyone here is permitted an opinion.

Thats of course fair enough, but when ever thread is plagued by repetitive behaviour full of self contradictions and refusal to answer questions when asked, this ends up being classed as trolling and essentially becomes a fungus on the forum and discussion. Obviously, 'imo'.

But as we see, thats allowed when you pay a trade membership fee.

Super Dealer
11 minutes ago, The Chronicals said:

Funnily being a sound based product, I am interested how they sound,. Crazy huh?

And you don’t believe the way a loudspeaker sounds is expressed by its measurements?

Keith

11 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

And you don’t believe the way a loudspeaker sounds is expressed by its measurements?

Keith

I 'dont believe' , no, the current scientific abilities to measure sound are not exact, hence why you are unable to show a difference in measurements when there are obvious audible differences.  Being a musician and a producer, I understand this.

One day this may change with new developments, but until then, measurements are merely a basic solution not covering everything, , thus aged peusdo knowledge, and all that matters is how it sounds, and looks, I like good looking kit.

So essentially your measurements are pretty worthless after a point. 

So come back when you've heard them and have some opinions based on listening and how they sound, if you can get past your slightly disturbing and bordering on mentally ill reliance on measurements?

How many instruments do you play? How many tracks recorded personally?

Edited by The Chronicals

Super Dealer

I only play the guitar, badly, but I did see Peter Walker when he was with the ‘Who’ .

Keith