Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

wHIZZY

Anyone used Ruark Crusader or Q Acoustics Concept 40

If anyone has experience of either Ruark Crusader 2s or Q Acoustic Concept 40 speakers then I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks

6 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

If anyone has experience of either Ruark Crusader 2s or Q Acoustic Concept 40 speakers then I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Didn't a similar posting occur asking for details of Ruarks versus Heybrooks?  I have no idea but there are a number of reviews of the Ruark on google - if the 2s have the ribbon tweeter it seems some think it didn't integrate as well as the original silk domed jobby in the originals.

I guess the answer is to get your ears around them and decide what you think as you will have to live with the result .. and if you cannot try before you buy just make sure you get em for a price you can move them on for at little or no loss.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wHIZZY said:

Hi whizzy....

I use the concept 40's and like them immensely. The whathifi review is spot on, in that they are a all day listen, and very smooth and refined. 

But I must point out that they are slightly laid back, so not the best for modern punk . A lot will depend on the amp you are using. I wouldn't pair them with warm sounding or laid back amps. They need some bite to make them neutral sounding. Something from Naim or exposure maybe :)

Another thing is that they have very potent bass, and also need some room behind them to stop booming. I found that 45cms works great in my room. And 32 CMS is just the limit. So please factor this too. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Hi whizzy....

I use the concept 40's and like them immensely. The whathifi review is spot on, in that they are a all day listen, and very smooth and refined. 

But I must point out that they are slightly laid back, so not the best for modern punk . A lot will depend on the amp you are using. I wouldn't pair them with warm sounding or laid back amps. They need some bite to make them neutral sounding. Something from Naim or exposure maybe :)

Another thing is that they have very potent bass, and also need some room behind them to stop booming. I found that 45cms works great in my room. And 32 CMS is just the limit. So please factor this too. 

Thanks  newlash09

• Like 1

Had Concept 40's for years, only just sold them to try something new.

Absolutely fantastic speakers - they are a little laid back but with a natural sound.

My only caveat was my sitting position is low, and with the tweeter on top of the tower, it closed the imagining for me a little, my new speakers have the tweeters in the centre, which has sorted it out...but my couch is LOW.

They are compact, so they don't dominate the room, and not too fussy over placement. Try the 3050i also , some actually prefer the 3050 over the Concept 40, but either speaker, you arent going to be grumpy :)

I sold mine for £600, at that price, they are a complete no brainer, and cheap enough to take a punt with as they are always in demand if you wanted to sell on.

Edited by The Chronicals
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1