eddie-baby

Kegworth Sale Page. Stuff Wammers are willing to bring/move on here for their beer money perhaps (or more)

37 minutes ago, terryg1 said:

Hi no I did not get a room for my kit tho I'm stopping over sat Sunday hopefully get to meet you there 

You're room sharing then? Me too.

Super Wammer

No not room sharing lol just me see you there 

Super Wammer
On 01/02/2019 at 18:12, sunbeamgls said:

I've decided I will be selling the speakers I'm using at the show, so please give this some thought when you hear them.

Thanks

gauder-akustik-isophon-corvara-loudspeak

The Gauders went off to a new home a couple of weeks ago, but never arrived.

Couriers say they are "lost in the system".  2x 20kg boxes over a metre long have been "lost".  Remarkable.  Thankfully they were insured, but very disappointing for the buyer.

So if anyone is offered a pair of these, please get in touch, as they're possibly unique in the UK and its unlikely that there would be another pair on the market.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sunbeamgls said:

The Gauders went off to a new home a couple of weeks ago, but never arrived.

Couriers say they are "lost in the system".  2x 20kg boxes over a metre long have been "lost".  Remarkable.  Thankfully they were insured, but very disappointing for the buyer.

So if anyone is offered a pair of these, please get in touch, as they're possibly unique in the UK and its unlikely that there would be another pair on the market.

A real shame that, and just hassle for you and the buyer now as well. These things happen but the parties involved still are extremely disappointed obviously. Who was the courier out of interest?

The main thing is now how they actually resolve it. There is never an issue when everything turns out ok and parcels get delivered, its when something goes wrong and how they deal with it companies should be measured by. Some even take no responsibility whatsoever and just find a get out clause, this happened with me with UPS, despite paying over inflated insurance which turned out to be a complete waste of money in my instance.

My case was damage, but here with loss, I suppose they have no option to sort it and fast. 

Edited by eddie-baby

11 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Couriers say they are "lost in the system".  2x 20kg boxes over a metre long have been "lost". 

What a joke .

9 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Who was the courier out of interest?

+1

Super Wammer

Hermes. Again.

If I was an insurance company I'd be refusing to insure their parcels.  They sent one guy to shift 20kg boxes over a metre long and he put them into a van that looked like a cowboy builder would've rejected.  The couriers are not telling me what they think has happened to them, but I wouldn't be suprised if there's a thriving market in "lost" Hermes parcels.

Interparcel advised me of the loss therefore the insurance is going to pay out in full. 

Damage, however, is always more challenging to claim for.  I photograph anything of any value now, as it is packed, including the amount of packaging protecting it and the final finished packed box, as they always try and wiggle out of everything by claiming inadequate packing.  Adds an annoying amount of time to the packing process, but is worth the effort.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Hermes. Again.

If I was an insurance company I'd be refusing to insure their parcels.  They sent one guy to shift 20kg boxes over a metre long and he put them into a van that looked like a cowboy builder would've rejected.  The couriers are not telling me what they think has happened to them, but I wouldn't be suprised if there's a thriving market in "lost" Hermes parcels.

Interparcel advised me of the loss therefore the insurance is going to pay out in full. 

Damage, however, is always more challenging to claim for.  I photograph anything of any value now, as it is packed, including the amount of packaging protecting it and the final finished packed box, as they always try and wiggle out of everything by claiming inadequate packing.  Adds an annoying amount of time to the packing process, but is worth the effort.

Even with damage they find ways out of it, you are at their mercy, and whoever is handling the cases mercy. Not that long ago I sent something extremely well packaged (and this equipment literately goes around the world in this packaging), but UPS refuse point blank to take any responsibility. They said it wasn't packaged enough, even paid around £60 odd IIRC in total to cover it.

Its a gamble sending anything by courier. Hermes are no worse or better than any of them I'd say. The thing with Hermes not many can match them for price and they represent good value for money, when it works well obviously.

I was lucky the time with UPS and the final outcome wasn't actually as bad as it could have been in the end, but no thanks to them. UPS just washed their hands with the case.

I think to keep costs down Hermes use rough and ready methods, what I can see is not even their own vans either a lot of the time. But some man with a van who's prepared to deliver a few parcels for extra money or even just use the family car. Most of the time the stuff gets through ok, but its only when things happen do these couriers show their true colours.

Had a good pair of floorstanders wrecked many years ago by a courier and there was no questions, they paid out fully and even gave me the speakers back, which I even salvaged and used again. However I don't think is so easy to get that type of service anymore with the growth of internet used sale goods going around the place.