eddie-baby

Show informal sale for Wammers getting rid of gear.

The first question is will there be one this year?

Just going on past events, as far as I've understood there's been some sort of corner or table set up which Wammers have informally sold equipment that they may not have a use for any more. I know most exhibitors will be tied with our rooms but my understanding was that perhaps a phone/room number and price could be stuck on whatever you may be looking to move on( usually electrical or audio related ). From that, any potential buyer can get in contact that way and perhaps do a deal. Was that the case?

I'm not sure if I want to bring extra yet, but I've got a few things that I wouldn't mind moving on. They're too good to take to the tip and perhaps not things that can be easily sent or sold locally to me. The odd set of PA speakers, Hi-Fi speaker stands, components, unused DVD players or whatever. A load of audio enthusiasts under one roof may increase my chances of a sale and put stuff to better use than it has now. Will it be an option?

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer

I also want to move on the 70s system I'm exhibiting + the bar system I'm bringing, also got some ICs doing nothing in a cupboard. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
50 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

The first question is will there be one this year?

Just going on past events, as far as I've understood there's been some sort of corner or table set up which Wammers have informally sold equipment that they may not have a use for any more. I know most exhibitors will be tied with our rooms but my understanding was that perhaps a phone/room number and price could be stuck on whatever you may be looking to move on( usually electrical or audio related ). From that, any potential buyer can get in contact that way and perhaps do a deal. Was that the case?

I'm not sure if I want to bring extra yet, but I've got a few things that I wouldn't mind moving on. They're too good to take to the tip and perhaps not things that can be easily sent or sold locally to me. The odd set of PA speakers, Hi-Fi speaker stands, components, unused DVD players or whatever. A load of audio enthusiasts under one roof may increase my chances of a sale and put stuff to better use than it has now. Will it be an option?

If this is not possible Eddie, how about a for sale page, that you can list stuff on, that is only available for pickup at Kegworth?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I also want to move on the 70s system I'm exhibiting + the bar system I'm bringing, also got some ICs doing nothing in a cupboard. 

Its always good to know what equipment people are selling John, and if there is perhaps an open forum (a physical one) to do it.

7 minutes ago, greybeard said:

If this is not possible Eddie, how about a for sale page, that you can list stuff on, that is only available for pickup at Kegworth?

That is a very good idea Colin. The only thing is there's a lot of punters who just turn up for the show for a day out (I think anyway), perhaps they dont read the message boards, but if they physically see some stands, audio electrical components or whatever on the day they might just say they'll do me nicely. Like me Im a sucker for a bargain bit of audio. But yes I agree a Keggie / Keggie pickup sale page perhaps with some photos could be great.

Edited by eddie-baby

30 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Such a good idea Colin, I thought Id start it anyway, whether there is a sale or not on the day there's no harm in sharing some information on what you wouldn't mind moving on. Early Wam readers may get the first refusal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1