Lurch

Who's bringing porkpies? 

Recommended Posts

Super Wammer

Anyone plan on bringing some of those scrummy Melton Mowbray porkpies with them this year? Really missed them last year. 

If so can I put in an order for 3 9_9

Edited by Lurch
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I think @Brigadoon is bringing some to use as cable lifters... :whistle:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Tony_J said:

I think @Brigadoon is bringing some to use as cable lifters... :whistle:

Absolutely :D

....wait a minute, no Tony, don''t go giving away my Secret Weapon for (audio)World Domination...(or in my er...case...Secret Suitcase Challenge Winning Weapon )...:nup:

Edited by Brigadoon
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Brigadoon said:

Absolutely :D

....wait a minute, no Tony, don''t go giving away my Secret Weapon for (audio)World Domination...(or in my er...case...Secret Suitcase Challenge Winning Weapon )...:nup:

They could be a weapon of mess destruction. :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope someone organises pork pies, it's one of the attractive things about the show!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
12 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

They could be a weapon of mess destruction. :D

Or a weapon of mass distraction...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brigadoon said:

Or a weapon of mass distraction...:)

Not if you go to my local supermarket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was agreed by the majority at Scalford that the best pork pies we had were from Nelson's in Stamford.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone can bring some authentic vegan Melton Mowbray pies for me I'd be very happy

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
19 hours ago, wizmax said:

It was agreed by the majority at Scalford that the best pork pies we had were from Nelson's in Stamford.

So who is going near or through Nelson on the way to Kegworth ? I am coming form the wrong direction so not an option . If anyone can confirm then we can perhaps arrange orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bencat said:

So who is going near or through Nelson on the way to Kegworth ? I am coming form the wrong direction so not an option . If anyone can confirm then we can perhaps arrange orders.

Nelson's is the name of the butchers and they are located in Stamford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

OKay forgive a senile old man so is anyone going through or near Stamford ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

If anyone can bring some authentic vegan Melton Mowbray pies for me I'd be very happy emoji3.png

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
 

There's an opportunity there :) and possibly an ethical one at that.

After all Greggs vegan sausage rolls can't keep up with demand

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/09/greggs-unveils-extra-profit-vegan-sausage-roll

Edited by eddie-baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Anyone?

I regularly take the pie from my local farm shop near Huddersfield to bake offs, if of interest I could discuss with the owner . . I’d want them to make up individual bags

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be up for a 6 inch pie, do they do chutney too? We could all PayPal you via freinds and family so you'd got the money before hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.