Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

Sgt Pepper

Cassette Deck Thread

12 hours ago, orbscure said:

Thanks chaps... it'd be replay only so I have a DR-3 on the radar :) 

Ignorer all the Buy It Nows on eBay wanting stupid amounts. You can get them under £100 if you ignore all these and are prepared to wait. Because eBay chooses not to charge sellers for unsold items, eBay now is just an open season for dreamers wanting stupid Buy It Nows in the hope they'll find that one gullible / rich buyer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally I'd be looking at a Yamaha cassette deck. Really impressed with the reproduction, and they are selling at good prices if you shop around.

I would suggest that 2 head Naks are a bargain these days when you compare what they originally sold for - approx 10 times the price of the Yamaha and the like, with significantly better reproduction capabilities. CR-3A (3 Head) are changing hands for about $150-200 or a CR-2A

Stuff like Studer, Tandberg and Revox are all great but still bring bog money and are harder to find.

I've still got my old Denon cassette deck which always sounded great but not as good as cd. i've not plugged it in for a few years now. I've still got most of my old cassettes from the 80's and 90's but most of them are knackered now - it is not a durable medium imho

• Like 1

i'm still having fun with cassettes. i've got a Denon DRM595 now. i never really stopped listening to cassettes, i had a Technics midi system which was my main hifi for years, till i upgraded then it found its way into my bedroom, and was used a lot up until we moved house.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Still enjoying my BX-300E. The 'Mini Dragon' as it's known is quite the overacheiver compared to a lot of other decks, including lower tier Naks :)

I’ve got the Pioneer one with digital noise reduction, auto tape tuning and their FLEX treble restoration system. Don’t use it much, but all that tech works very well, especially for older tapes

I gave my Nak a quick run this afternoon. It doesn’t get much use these days. The right channel wasn’t working at first but a quick tweak of the monitor switch and it burst into life. 

Here a pic I snatched. 

Nopiano’s Nakamichi ZX-7
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1