Hi All,

And beware audiophiles.

First ever post here and I’m afraid it’s to ask you something as I have very little input to give.

I have been thinking of buying an Onkyo TX8250 to go with my KRK Rokit 6 G3’s. (I imagine not a very common choice for  listening only)

Just grown to love how these speakers look and sound, but I need a more sensible setup. At the moment, I am improvising with an M-Audio Fast Track that connects to my laptop over USB and I normally just play music on Spotify, which I control from my phone.

Problems with this “setup”:

1. I want to be able to use my laptop AND listen to music.

2. I can’t use them as output when I watch a film.

The Onkyo TX8250 has Spotify Connect and bluetooth connectivity and unless I’m mistaken I can also hook the TV up to it ?!

Any advice would be welcome, no idea what I’m doing.

Super Wammer

Having had a quick goggle of your kit and proposed purchase I would say that as your speakers are active then there is little point in buying a full blown integrated amp. To my mind something like a Tisbury Audio Passive Pre (around £140 new) or 1 of the many other active or passive preamps on offer on fleabay or other outlets would be a better and more cost effective option. As all you seem to need (from what I can work out) is the ability to switch between sources (TV & computer). For streaming Spotify etc, a simple £30 Chromecast Audio would sort that using its onboard DAC and a 3.5mm to 2x RCA Y lead. 

If you wanted to take things a step further then a preamp with onboard DAC (possibly with optical, USB and rca inputs) would give you all connections you would need for computer, CCA & TV, and all in could be done for a lot less ££s. 

• Upvote 1