Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

Southeast

leaving a cd player on

Super Wammer
24 minutes ago, uzzy said:

Well IMO it makes sod all difference .. but I am sure others will say differently.  If you google warm up times there are notable arguments on how long it takes for electronics to achieve optimum to work.  The acid test for you is to play your favourite track after turning on from cold .. then play it again half hour later and see if it sounds any better (good luck with that one) :sofa:

I use a Denon SACD player and Yamaha amp and it makes no difference but my last amp a Primare A10 it did make a difference.

I usually power everything off at night, if I'm going to listen to music i usually give it an hour or so to let everything warm up. 

A no from me but I have to turn mine on (Quad CDP2) 15 or so minutes before playing or else the b****y thing won't open. Huntingdon calls I think !

Some say parts failure increases with frequent on/off cycles. Others maintain that number of hours ‘on’ is more relevant. Take your pick....

• Like 1

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, monya said:

Some say parts failure increases with frequent on/off cycles. Others maintain that number of hours ‘on’ is more relevant. Take your pick....

That is about the sum of it. 

I switch my equipment off when not listening, I switch it on when I want to listen to music. Nothing complicated in it, it appears to work well. The amp sounds better after around half to an hour. Who do I need to impress? It sounds great for the first half an hour and even better afterwards. If it goes wrong I'll get it fixed...

I had Naim once, so many people said I had to leave it switched on for ever, if I switched it off the world stopped rotating on its axis or something, I developed anxiety issues, who needs that!

:doh: