sunbeamgls

Calling New Wammers (What Hifi and Linn in Particular)

Super Wammer

Looks like there are still rooms at Kegworth for the annual Wigwam show.

As a 6 time exhibitor, I very much remember the first time, full of nerves and concerns, but with careful planning and advice from other members, it went very well indeed.  I went with a streaming only all Linn system into the heart of a community heavily in the vinyl and anti-Linn camps.  I believe a few people enjoyed the noise we made.  However, most importantly, it was hard work but very much a fun time and a great way to get involved and meet exhibitors and members alike.

So whatever you've got, I would encourage participation in this fantastic weekend - come and blend in, or bring something different to shake it up a bit - there's one thing for sure -  your efforts will be appreciated by all.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Super Wammer

What he said +1

+2 (except for the Linn stuff, natch :whistle:)

• Haha 2

Super Wammer

+3. This year will be my 10th visit and 7th time exhibiting , it is without doubt my most anticipated weekend of the year.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Me too, I remember the first time well. I bought an active DSP based system, probably the first at a WAM show. I'd never even been on the WAM forum before, it was advertised over on PFM that exhibitors were needed just a couple of weeks before the show so I volunteered. Loved it! Been every year since.

Edited by orangeart
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 23/01/2019 at 14:40, sunbeamgls said:

Looks like there are still rooms at Kegworth for the annual Wigwam show.

As a 6 time exhibitor, I very much remember the first time, full of nerves and concerns, but with careful planning and advice from other members, it went very well indeed.  I went with a streaming only all Linn system into the heart of a community heavily in the vinyl and anti-Linn camps.  I believe a few people enjoyed the noise we made.  However, most importantly, it was hard work but very much a fun time and a great way to get involved and meet exhibitors and members alike.

So whatever you've got, I would encourage participation in this fantastic weekend - come and blend in, or bring something different to shake it up a bit - there's one thing for sure -  your efforts will be appreciated by all.

:goodone:

Super Wammer

Would it be worth putting an exhibitors needed thread in the Linn form and 2 channel? 

I tend to use my phone mostly and go direct to my forums of interest rather than viewing the portal which shows everything. 

On 23/01/2019 at 14:40, sunbeamgls said:

*brings Crosley Cruiser* :PxD:rockin:

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, BillShatnersToupee said:

*brings Crosley Cruiser* :PxD:rockin:

Ahh, that's why the LP12 still sells so well, they've renamed it :sofa:

• Haha 1

Where's this Linn forum and What HiFi forum? I don't see them..

Super Wammer

Sorry not able to help with the What HiFi jobee but think this wil take you to the Linn section

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/129797-linn-owners-club-and-forum/

That's odd, I can't understand why they are out there on their own rather than being part of the forum. I'd never have just stumbled across that. I hope some of those guys have seen this going on over here and sign up.

• Confused 1

Super Wammer

:Bump:

Rooms not allocated yet . . Tic tock

Super Wammer
On 04/02/2019 at 16:05, orangeart said:

That's odd, I can't understand why they are out there on their own rather than being part of the forum. I'd never have just stumbled across that. I hope some of those guys have seen this going on over here and sign up.

When WHF closed their forum, a bunch of us just decided to migrate here. (I was already a member here, but hadn’t contributed much.)  The headings weren’t the same but were easy enough to learn.  

When Linn closed their forum, Linn asked Wam to host a replacement forum, albeit without migration of historic posts. Hence the structure you found in the Clubs section, roughly like Linn used to host. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2019 at 16:05, orangeart said:

We like to keep ourselves to ourselves ;)

Seriously though - it's a good idea to have a clubs section I think. Ther be not only Linn but PMC and a coupl'others, aarrgh.