Sign in to follow this  
Leif

Replacement Audeze sine headphone ear pads

The ear pads on my Audeze sine headphones fell apart after 18 months, very poor quality. Does anyone know if replacements are available, Audeze or not? I've tried the UK distributor, no joy. Audeze sell them from the US at $30, but throw in shipping and tax and the price is more like £130. O.o

Thanks. I'll contact them. 

Update: About 55 Euros for leather over ear pads including shipping, so not bad. I’ve ordered a pair, hopefully they won’t adversely affect the sound, and will fit correctly. 

Edited by Leif

A quick update. I’ve received the VA ear pads, nicely made, all leather, soft, they do go over my huge ears, and they transform the headphones. The one problem was the death clamp from the headband putting pressure on the ears and threatening to squeeze your brains out. They are much more comfortable now. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 22:54, Leif said:

A quick update. I’ve received the VA ear pads, nicely made, all leather, soft, they do go over my huge ears, and they transform the headphones. The one problem was the death clamp from the headband putting pressure on the ears and threatening to squeeze your brains out. They are much more comfortable now. 

I love headphones how do you rate the sine ?

On 16/02/2019 at 17:42, hixy said:

I love headphones how do you rate the sine ?

To be honest I'm not sure my opinion would be of value to you as sound is so subjective. However, I really like the sound, far better than the Bose QC25 I have at work, and which are themselves decent. The Sine has very good reproduction of sound including the bass without the latter being excessive and unnatural which I dislike intensely, even though it is the trend. That is incidentally why I dislike most modern Sennheiser headphones. I cannot hear any obvious flaws in the Sine, though the frequency response is not great, which is the case with most headphones. 

Posted (edited)
On 06/03/2019 at 10:05, Leif said:

To be honest I'm not sure my opinion would be of value to you as sound is so subjective. However, I really like the sound, far better than the Bose QC25 I have at work, and which are themselves decent. The Sine has very good reproduction of sound including the bass without the latter being excessive and unnatural which I dislike intensely, even though it is the trend. That is incidentally why I dislike most modern Sennheiser headphones. I cannot hear any obvious flaws in the Sine, though the frequency response is not great, which is the case with most headphones. 

Sennheiser  know how to engineer headphones with convincing & natural bass, but some of their current designs certainly do have phat bloated bass.
There is a big market for this type of sound  & Sennheiser want some of it.
The HD800S is a costly headphone but this is only where they get much better than models like the 540 from the 90s

Edited by Von Krolock

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this