Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

plasticpenguin

What would you ditch...

4 hours ago, tuga said:

My almost 30 year old golden era Pioneer was bought used. I replaced the laser mechanism and it has been working flawlessly since.

My point exactly.

Think I know perhaps why I had issues hearing the difference.

The last two days I've had a cough. Woke up this morning with a heavy cold. Maybe the early stages of this cold influenced what I heard or didn't hear.

Edited by plasticpenguin

Just to tie me over for a couple of months, I'll buy an old Rotel RCD 965BX. If I can get one for less than £60 and just run it until it drops.

On 03/02/2019 at 13:37, plasticpenguin said:

That seemed to be a sweet era for Rotel. I had my 975 from 1997 until I purchased the CD73 in 2005. Pleasure personified.

The 975 remains the player I would most love to own.   Rarer than rocking horse doo doo though.    Ive got my 965 stored for a rainy day though :)   (along with a spare CDM4/19 mech.)

26 minutes ago, hifikrazy said:

The 975 remains the player I would most love to own.   Rarer than rocking horse doo doo though.    Ive got my 965 stored for a rainy day though :)   (along with a spare CDM4/19 mech.)

If I could find another 975, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Fabulous in it's day and still stacks up again the new kids on the block.

Hi there,

I don't come on here much but thought I'd add my 2 penneth.

I used an Arcam CD36 for over 10 years that I bought brand new, it is a superb player, very organic and analogue sounding I use to listen to it much more than my lp12 so for me that said it all. I came from a Rega Planet MK1 and last year bought a Rega Isis which is another story.

Don't be scared about buying an old player my Arcam is still in fine fettle and mint, never missed a beat , still doesn't and if I hadn't have been curious to hear a better cd player in my system it would still be in use.

My late Dad bless him had an Arcam CD192 and tried a Chord Mojo with it but preferred the sound straight from the Arcam.

good luck in your search.

Jules

11 hours ago, jules68leo said:

Hi there,

I don't come on here much but thought I'd add my 2 penneth.

I used an Arcam CD36 for over 10 years that I bought brand new, it is a superb player, very organic and analogue sounding I use to listen to it much more than my lp12 so for me that said it all. I came from a Rega Planet MK1 and last year bought a Rega Isis which is another story.

Don't be scared about buying an old player my Arcam is still in fine fettle and mint, never missed a beat , still doesn't and if I hadn't have been curious to hear a better cd player in my system it would still be in use.

My late Dad bless him had an Arcam CD192 and tried a Chord Mojo with it but preferred the sound straight from the Arcam.

good luck in your search.

Jules

I've had some bad karma with older players, so that has choked me off a little, unless they are as cheap as chips.

Think I may stick with buying a Rotel 965 or if I can find one a 975. For less than a £100 you don't mind so much if it goes pear-shaped after a few months.

On 12/02/2019 at 09:59, plasticpenguin said:

Think I may stick with buying a Rotel 965 or if I can find one a 975. For less than a £100 you don't mind so much if it goes pear-shaped after a few months.

I still have and use my 18 year old Rotel 961.  No complaints here as I find it sounds as good as Tidal through the Node 2.

• Like 1