marktjp

DAC is important, but does the digital source matter?

1 minute ago, PuritéAudio said:

Not my opinion, that is what the designer of the dac stated.

Keith

I understood he commented on the improvement possible with an appropriate PSU, not that his product's 'own internal filtration and  regulation aren’t  up to snuff.'

Super Dealer
1 minute ago, notevenclose said:

If measurements are the sole arbiter of everything, I assume you'll have been in touch with JA to explain where he's going wrong?

Writing from his test bench, JA praised the Brooklyn's "very low" noise, "superb" rejection of word-clock jitter, and "excellent" signal/noise ratio, among other things, from its phono stage, and concluded: "the Mytek Brooklyn's measured performance is superb . . . color me impressed."
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/recommended-components-fall-2017-edition-digital-processors#SH8rSjBFHhStyb7P.99

I am sure its measurements are super, it is the fact that its sound quality can be improved by adding a ‘better’ power supply.

Keith

Super Dealer
Just now, notevenclose said:

I understood he commented on the improvement possible with an appropriate PSU, not that his product's 'own internal filtration and  regulation aren’t  up to snuff.'

Think about it .

Keith.

• Haha 2

Just now, PuritéAudio said:

I am sure its measurements are super, it is the fact that its sound quality can be improved by adding a ‘better’ power supply.

Keith

So now the improvement possible is 'a fact?' I rather had the impression you didn't consider it possible because it didn't show up in the measurements.

I also had the impression, possibly erroneously, that Mytek tend toward the technically-oriented pro/semi-pro school of thought. It seemed to come as a slight surprise to the designer that the PSU change could bring an improvement. If so, then good for him in keeping an open mind and publicly acknowledging what his ears were telling him.

15 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

I am sure its measurements are super, it is the a fact that its sound quality can be improved by adding a ‘better’ power supply.

Keith

Sorted. :D

20 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

I listen all the time, but one’s ears ( and brain) are just not reliable.

Keiht

As my original post was moderated for "foul language",

Poppycock!

Moderators very quick to remove a naughty word there but less interested in someone derailing every topic I look at.

3 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Poppycock!

Moderators very quick to remove a naughty word there but less interested in someone derailing every topic I look at.

Well, to be fair, there's some merit in Keith's view. I'd certainly never rely on his ears and/or brain either with regard to evaluating audio equipment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Poppycock!

Sincere apologies for removing your profanity from the 2 channel discussion boards old chap. I'll take myself off into a dark corner and give myself a good talking to.:yeah:

Back to reality, if you need to swear to make a point then I suggest you need to find a dark corner too :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, bandit pilot said:

Sincere apologies for removing your profanity from the 2 channel discussion boards old chap. I'll take myself off into a dark corner and give myself a good talking to.:yeah:

Back to reality, if you need to swear to make a point then I suggest you need to find a dark corner too :whistle:

I wasn't being offensive, I said WTAF. Didn't realise the F-bomb was was out of bounds. Won't happen again.

I was more irked at you deleting the quote for context to be honest.

1 minute ago, Warszawa said:

I wasn't being offensive, I said WTAF. Didn't realise the F-bomb was was out of bounds. Won't happen again.

I was more irked at you deleting the quote for context to be honest.

Don't be irked, Joe. We have places to vent, it's just not 2 ch mate. If you feel like swearing at stuff, how do you think the mods feel?:D

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

If you feel like swearing at stuff, how do you think the mods feel?:D

I'm admin on a gaming forum so I can sympathise.

We can say I'm a massive bellend there though. :minikev:

Edited by bandit pilot
Accuracy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

I'm admin on a gaming forum so I can sympathise.

Strike 2

1 hour ago, Fourlegs said:

Why don’t you start one? It will be cr4pped on by the naysayers and I will be accused of trying to sell cables but if you want an informative thread then why not have a go. 

A debate about a belief system is good for a discussion forum is it not?

As for the self promotion, well, if the shoe fits...:o

• Upvote 1

Dealer

Talking about belief systems...

...one for the objectivists...

...is it possible to measure 'humility'?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Only there...? :whistle: