Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

ian917

FS: DiDiT 212SE DAC

Highly regarded DAC with balanced outputs, six inputs (AES/EBU, 2xSPDIF, USB, Optical and HDMI I2S) plus bluetooth, headphone socket, remote control and XLR to RCA adaptors. It will come packaged in it's original cork box inside another cardboard box. The DiDiT 212SE has garnered universally positive reviews even from the sceptics [http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/didit-high-end-212se-dacpreamplifier/]. Extensive control of volume (output and headphone) through menu setting allowing you to set startup volume plus min and max. Lovely, engaging non-digital sound. Built like a tank. Only selling as it is not being used and it's far too good for that!

£1750 plus postage or collection from near Coventry. Payment via BT only.

WP_20190118_001_zpstf5nyzyx.jpg

WP_20190118_003_zpslrvuotnp.jpg

WP_20190118_004_zpswdqputwg.jpg

Edited by ian917

Fantastic dac!! I have had one since release and it does things my Levinson doesn’t. Highly transparent, non fatiguing, insightful and delicate with oodles of character, tge headphone output is incredibly good also with a strong linear response and bags of speed and power

Edited by loosend

This is a super Dac ! Surprised it is still here at that price. I have heard this a few times at Ian's against other dacs costing a lot lot more money. Ian is also a great guy to deal with and his kit is always in great condition.

GLWTS  Ian.  :^

Edited by Hap Hazzard

Anyone have any thoughts as to how this fine DAC would compare to a Schitt Yggdrasil Analog 2 at about £2,200 new?

Mostly listen to blues, male and female vocal, jazz, african music. Some rock, virtually no classical (or C&W for that matter).

I tried for a long time to find one of these but failed 

1 hour ago, Lord Nitrogen said:

Anyone have any thoughts as to how this fine DAC would compare to a Schitt Yggdrasil Analog 2 at about £2,200 new?

Mostly listen to blues, male and female vocal, jazz, african music. Some rock, virtually no classical (or C&W for that matter).

Dave this dac is top draw stuff , pm Danny  (Loosend) he owns one 

Super Wammer
On 17/01/2019 at 11:51, Lord Nitrogen said:

You mean this sort of direct comparison and a thumbs up for the 212? Sweet...

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/didit-high-end-212se-dacpreamplifier/?page=2

However, for a showdown with the Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC that RH raved about recently, I set the 212se to DAC mode and ran both units through a line preamp. According to RH, the $2300 Yggy is one of the three best DACs he’s heard regardless of price, and being based on a 20-bit R2R chipset it makes for a sharp technical contrast with the 212se. I was truly looking forward to this particular shootout, especially since the sample Mike Moffat sent me incorporated the latest software tweaks. Taking a lead from RH, who let the Yggy sit in his rack powered up for a full month, I decided to do even better and let it cook for six weeks before attempting serious listening. When my Yggy finally woke up from its sonic slumber, I quickly realized that RH wasn’t kidding when he says that the Yggy is in many ways competitive with any DAC he has heard regardless of price and one of the three best DACs he has auditioned to date, the other two being the $19,500 Berkeley Alpha Reference and the $35,000 dCS Vivaldi.

This showdown proved to be most illuminating, and while at the end of the day I felt it to be a battle between near equals, there were significant voicing differences that could tip the scales one way or the other depending on one’s preferences and system context. First, let me describe common ground. Both units excel in detail retrieval and feature exceptional transient response, not only at the point of attack but also in facilitating decay with an exceedingly low noise floor. Ditto for lower midrange tonal conviction and deep bass solidity. However, the Yggy’s voicing is bold, assertive, and at times a bit forward. As a consequence, it comes across with greater rhythmic drive, a touch more clarity, and a heightened sense of interplay between orchestral sections. The 212se, on the other hand, produced a sunnier vocal band, sweeter textures, and an overall more relaxed presentation. As such it brought me closer to the vacuum-tube experience that is within my listening comfort zone. Yet there’s no denying that with up-tempo musical selections the Yggy produced a more exciting and visceral listening experience. However, where delicacy and textural finesse were required, the 212se offered a more satisfying musical rendition.

If someone had told me a few months ago that I would be embracing a sigma-delta DAC I would have thrown a couple of spuds at them. But keep in mind that in my experience there’s a narrow path toward optimal sound, which involves selection of the slow roll-off filter and a Qsize setting of 7. So configured, I find the DiDit 212se to be enormously compelling musically, so much so, that it is currently my favorite DAC/pre.

If I were in the market for a serious DAC, PM's would have been sent. GLWS.

Edited by TheFlash

Super Wammer

i heard the yiggy mark 1 not too long ago with my schiit freya and it certainly was transparent , would love to have compared it with some other dacs . the guy who had it loved it 

i don`t recall  the yiggy did volume control which is a BIG advantage of this one .{ i use my vol control dac to fine tune my pre amp vol}

Edited by hifinutt

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

You mean this sort of direct comparison and a thumbs up for the 212? Sweet...

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/didit-high-end-212se-dacpreamplifier/?page=2

Thanks, I can't really ask for a much better riposte

Edited by Lord Nitrogen
grammar

Super Wammer
58 minutes ago, Lord Nitrogen said:

Thanks, I can't really ask for a much better riposte

My pleasure. I didn't think I had any interest in DACs at all (except those in my CD player and streamer) until I saw this classified advert!

How long does the average lottery player have to wait from starting to do the lottery to winning more than a fiver...?

17 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

How long does the average lottery player have to wait from starting to do the lottery to winning more than a fiver...?

If a cop arrests a mime do they still have to tell him he has the right to remain silent?

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Hi Ian,

Your profile isn't complete so I can't see whether you have a replacement DAC or are just not playing enough digital to warrant such a cracking DAC in your system: do share! From the reviews I have read, it would take something both special and expensive to displace the 212SE.

Good luck,

Nigel

Heard this dac at a bake off last year (connected to my amp too) came away mumbling to myself about selling organs on eBay, very impressive indeed if only I had the cash GLWTS

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Hi Ian,

Your profile isn't complete so I can't see whether you have a replacement DAC or are just not playing enough digital to warrant such a cracking DAC in your system: do share! From the reviews I have read, it would take something both special and expensive to displace the 212SE.

Good luck,

Nigel

I've bought a Phison PD2SE Pre/DAC. I recently bought a new top loading CD transport (Jay's Audio CDT2 MK2) that can output I2S; I tried the DiDiT 212SE with it yesterday and I'm seriously considering removing this from sale. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
50 minutes ago, ian917 said:

I've bought a Phison PD2SE Pre/DAC. I recently bought a new top loading CD transport (Jay's Audio CDT2 MK2) that can output I2S; I tried the DiDiT 212SE with it yesterday and I'm seriously considering removing this from sale. 

Cool, thanks for this. Will watch with intrigue whether you do that and move the Phison on or stick with Plan A. Tough life you have, isn't it!

• Haha 1