The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Sign in to follow this  
ronin

Bel canto

I've now read of, and advised on repair of, several BC amps that are around 5+ years old. I'm no longer convinced on their reliability, plus have concerns on the potential difficulty of repair. UK distribution, having changed from Aanvil, a couple of years ago has gone down the pan, IMO. BC products are now just too expensive in the UK. I've had the C5i, Dac 1.5, 2.5, 1.7, 2.7, ref 150s and ref 500s. Ref 150s is the pick of those, paired with a 1.7. The C5i is a nice little amp, but the design is now quite old and they're way over priced at £2k, IMO.

Interesting,  had 2 lots of ref 1000 , fm 1, bc 3.5vbs , pre 3 , pre 3 vbs, various power supplies and only has 2 problems . I agree  I miss Bill at anvil audio and the black stuff is shockingly expensive . Mind blowing really 

i had occasion to need advice from bel canto today saturday , i contacted via facebook and filled in their enquiry form . got a response back in less than 2 hours which is very reassurring