Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

ONLY 4 EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - BIG SYSTEM SPACES SOLD OUT - ONLY 2 NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT

Sign in to follow this  
ronin

Bel canto

Recommended Posts

Could you tell me who deals with bel canto in the uk, sales and repairs / problems,  thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found a problem with one of my Bel Canto Ref1000M monoblock power amplifiers it seems like one of them has lost a quater of its power, (gutted) it can be leveled out using the balance control on the pre amp but i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. 

Edited by ronin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

According to the Bel Canto website, Padood Ltd in Cambridgeshire appear to be the UK distributor and their contact details are linked below...

https://padood.com/about-us/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, orbscure said:

According to the Bel Canto website, Padood Ltd in Cambridgeshire appear to be the UK distributor and their contact details are linked below...

https://padood.com/about-us/

thanks for that ive emailed them but nothing yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been doing a bit of research and it look like Bel use  the ICEPOWER1000ASP  board ? 

if they are the same maybe i could just buy 2 x replacement boards and swap them . has anyone done this ?

thanks 

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower1000asp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImO3S7qby3wIVT7HtCh0euQ_mEAAYASAAEgKi5fD_BwE

open.jpg

326-106_ALT_1.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony Sallis at Coherent Systems is one of the most experienced repairers and modifiers of bel canto gear in this country.

Check out his website and especially the reviews section. Over the years I have purchased bel canto equipment from him, and have experience of his modified bel canto amps, dacs and cd players which have all operated without problem.

Currently using an Esoteric dac which he modified, so I have no hesitation with this recommendation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, listenup said:

Tony Sallis at Coherent Systems is one of the most experienced repairers and modifiers of bel canto gear in this country.

Check out his website and especially the reviews section. Over the years I have purchased bel canto equipment from him, and have experience of his modified bel canto amps, dacs and cd players which have all operated without problem.

Currently using an Esoteric dac which he modified, so I have no hesitation with this recommendation.

Thank you, ive sent him a pm...  i feel lost without my amps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

yes , had a modded ref 1000 off tony and he worked wonders with it compared to standard . i have had and still have loads of bel canto kit . its extremely reliable although did have a vbs1 fail on me after 6 years . 

padood did reply to my query but tony would be my first port of call 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes , had a modded ref 1000 off tony and he worked wonders with it compared to standard . i have had and still have loads of bel canto kit . its extremely reliable although did have a vbs1 fail on me after 6 years . 

padood did reply to my query but tony would be my first port of call 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't receive any emails back so i decided to buy a new ice board myself, i fitted it the other day and it sounds amazing again, i was wondering if the new board would sound the same as the older one but luckily they are perfect together. Thanks again.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Gosh that's odd, I got a very helpful reply. Glad it's all working ok . In quite a few years of owning and still owning a lot of bc kit , I have just had one vbs1 die and a remote wear out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hifinutt said:

Gosh that's odd, I got a very helpful reply. Glad it's all working ok . In quite a few years of owning and still owning a lot of bc kit , I have just had one vbs1 die and a remote wear out

I don't know many modern languages what exactly is with this name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

What name ? Bel canto ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

What name ? Bel canto ?

Correct ..... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Ah , I believe it's a term that relates to Italian singing,  but don't know much else. I must say I am rather cross with them for stopping their psu,s which are only available sh now .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.