The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Sign in to follow this  
ronin

Bel canto

Could you tell me who deals with bel canto in the uk, sales and repairs / problems,  thanks in advance.

Just found a problem with one of my Bel Canto Ref1000M monoblock power amplifiers it seems like one of them has lost a quater of its power, (gutted) it can be leveled out using the balance control on the pre amp but i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. 

Edited by ronin

Super Wammer

According to the Bel Canto website, Padood Ltd in Cambridgeshire appear to be the UK distributor and their contact details are linked below...

https://padood.com/about-us/

16 hours ago, orbscure said:

According to the Bel Canto website, Padood Ltd in Cambridgeshire appear to be the UK distributor and their contact details are linked below...

https://padood.com/about-us/

thanks for that ive emailed them but nothing yet

I've been doing a bit of research and it look like Bel use  the ICEPOWER1000ASP  board ? 

if they are the same maybe i could just buy 2 x replacement boards and swap them . has anyone done this ?

thanks 

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower1000asp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImO3S7qby3wIVT7HtCh0euQ_mEAAYASAAEgKi5fD_BwE

open.jpg

326-106_ALT_1.jpg

• Sad 1

Tony Sallis at Coherent Systems is one of the most experienced repairers and modifiers of bel canto gear in this country.

Check out his website and especially the reviews section. Over the years I have purchased bel canto equipment from him, and have experience of his modified bel canto amps, dacs and cd players which have all operated without problem.

Currently using an Esoteric dac which he modified, so I have no hesitation with this recommendation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, listenup said:

Tony Sallis at Coherent Systems is one of the most experienced repairers and modifiers of bel canto gear in this country.

Check out his website and especially the reviews section. Over the years I have purchased bel canto equipment from him, and have experience of his modified bel canto amps, dacs and cd players which have all operated without problem.

Currently using an Esoteric dac which he modified, so I have no hesitation with this recommendation.

Thank you, ive sent him a pm...  i feel lost without my amps 

yes , had a modded ref 1000 off tony and he worked wonders with it compared to standard . i have had and still have loads of bel canto kit . its extremely reliable although did have a vbs1 fail on me after 6 years . 

padood did reply to my query but tony would be my first port of call 

8 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes , had a modded ref 1000 off tony and he worked wonders with it compared to standard . i have had and still have loads of bel canto kit . its extremely reliable although did have a vbs1 fail on me after 6 years . 

padood did reply to my query but tony would be my first port of call 

Thanks.

I didn't receive any emails back so i decided to buy a new ice board myself, i fitted it the other day and it sounds amazing again, i was wondering if the new board would sound the same as the older one but luckily they are perfect together. Thanks again.. 

• Like 1

Gosh that's odd, I got a very helpful reply. Glad it's all working ok . In quite a few years of owning and still owning a lot of bc kit , I have just had one vbs1 die and a remote wear out

1 minute ago, hifinutt said:

Gosh that's odd, I got a very helpful reply. Glad it's all working ok . In quite a few years of owning and still owning a lot of bc kit , I have just had one vbs1 die and a remote wear out

I don't know many modern languages what exactly is with this name?

6 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

What name ? Bel canto ?

Correct ..... ?

Ah , I believe it's a term that relates to Italian singing,  but don't know much else. I must say I am rather cross with them for stopping their psu,s which are only available sh now .