Southeast

Snake oil

I noticed quite a spike in traffic this morning which tracked back to this forum.

Thanks for the share! Judging by the source of the traffic, I'd say this forum is mainly UK based. So G'day from Aus, fellow audio enthusiasts! Obviously the Snake Oil is a bit of a pi$$ take and for comical purposes only. Don't buy it unless you feel like throwing away $1,000 AUD lol. 

While I'm here, I may as well take the chance to give ourselves a quick soft plug. We offer 'no bs' cables for those that are in the camp of 'good cables are about low resistance and not other magic like cryo freezing and burn in times'. If you believe otherwise, that's cool, there are plenty of other options out there. We just found people wanted a solid, well made cable without the ludicrous price tag. We also wanted to source our wire from Aussie manufacturers to support local businesses (well, local to us!). There's a bit of a story of how we came about on our 'About Us' page for those that are interested... aka no one lol.

We do offer shipping worldwide. You just need to email for a quote but I can add automated shipping for the UK if enough people are interested. The exchange rate is pretty solid for those outside Aus at the moment too. We are not going to lie, international postage is a bit of a killer. To ship a 2x 2m cables would be around $50 AUD ($29 GBP).

Anyway, that's enough from me. Thanks again for the share. I hope y'all got a bit of a kick out of it!

(Mods are welcome to edit this comment if it breaks any forum rules)

Edited by NBSpeakerCables
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NBSpeakerCables said:

I noticed quite a spike in traffic this morning which tracked back to this forum.

Thanks for the share! Judging by the source of the traffic, I'd say this forum is mainly UK based. So G'day from Aus, fellow audio enthusiasts! Obviously the Snake Oil is a bit of a pi$$ take and for comical purposes only. Don't buy it unless you feel like throwing away $1,000 AUD lol. 

While I'm here, I may as well take the chance to give ourselves a quick soft plug. We offer 'no bs' cables for those that are in the camp of 'good cables are about low resistance and not other magic like cryo freezing and burn in times'. If you believe otherwise, that's cool, there are plenty of other options out there. We just found people wanted a solid, well made cable without the ludicrous price tag. We also wanted to source our wire from Aussie manufacturers to support local businesses (well, local to us!). There's a bit of a story of how we came about on our 'About Us' page for those that are interested... aka no one lol.

We do offer shipping worldwide. You just need to email for a quote but I can add automated shipping for the UK if enough people are interested. The exchange rate is pretty solid for those outside Aus at the moment too. We are not going to lie, international postage is a bit of a killer. To ship a 2x 2m cables would be around $50 AUD ($29 GBP).

Anyway, that's enough from me. Thanks again for the share. I hope y'all got a bit of a kick out of it!

(Mods are welcome to edit this comment if it breaks any forum rules)

Being a bit of a cable connoisseur, although not a massive fan of heavily manufacturer cables with their etched sound, I'd be happy to write a review of your cables if you wanted to get some exposure in the UK. Drop me a pm if interested.

16 hours ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Real snake oil is a hair product.  My local shop has sold out; apparently it is good for certain scalp conditions.

Very good for cradle cap. :whistle:

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, plasticpenguin said:

Very good for cradle cap. :whistle:

It also goes in the silicone chips for DACS priced at £8400.

Edited by The Chronicals
  • Upvote 1

That stuff is just standard snake oil and has been proven to be ineffective with most high end audio. I can however offer ultra high grade wHIZZY OIL at a very special introductory price of just £4000.05 per 5ml.  It's exclusively extracted from the very rare and endangered Armenian Darevsky snake, but what price can you put on high quality audio. Be quick, it won't last long. 

18 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

That stuff is just standard snake oil and has been proven to be ineffective with most high end audio. I can however offer ultra high grade wHIZZY OIL at a very special introductory price of just £4000.05 per 5ml.  It's exclusively extracted from the very rare and endangered Armenian Darevsky snake, but what price can you put on high quality audio. Be quick, it won't last long. 

That is a great deal.

Can I soak my cables in it

Then put them in the freezer for 36 hours then pre heated oven for ten mins

5 minutes ago, Southeast said:

That is a great deal.

Can I soak my cables in it

Then put them in the freezer for 36 hours then pre heated oven for ten mins

If you like... :rofl:

22 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Presumably, your rate of production is directly proportional to your consumption of beer...? :pint:

30 minutes ago, Steveh said:

ekans oil is preferable because it is non-directional........

Ah but it makes your bass ackwards...

1 hour ago, Steveh said:

ekans oil is preferable because it is non-directional........

Problem is, it's not phase coherent and it's quite sticky.