Southeast

Snake oil

On a more serious note, does anyone genuinely believe these products really make a difference to the SQ of a system/components?

39 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

On a more serious note, does anyone genuinely believe these products really make a difference to the SQ of a system/components?

There are some that believe, and some that don’t. It is normally referred to as a “Cable thread”.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jkbmusic said:

There are some that believe, and some that don’t. It is normally referred to as a “Cable thread”.

Ah, that old chestnut.

2 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

I didn't see this as a cable thread in the 'oh yes it is,  oh no it isnt' sense. It appears to me as a cable manufactorer simply having a joke and using it to say 'our cable are honest good value gear at a fair price e.g. no snake oil. However, if you want something spectacular then what about my brand of snake oil which is proven to cure all audio ills by just applying a few drops. Hurry it's going fast.

55 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

I didn't see this as a cable thread in the 'oh yes it is,  oh no it isnt' sense. It appears to me as a cable manufactorer simply having a joke and using it to say 'our cable are honest good value gear at a fair price e.g. no snake oil. However, if you want something spectacular then what about my brand of snake oil which is proven to cure all audio ills by just applying a few drops. Hurry it's going fast.

It won't be coming to my address. If you want to smear it on your (hi-fi) bits, that's your decision.

Super Wammer

So, nobody made it to the bottom of the page that was linked where it says "This is a joke" then?

2 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

It won't be coming to my address. If you want to smear it on your (hi-fi) bits, that's your decision.

You don't smear on a product of this quality. You carefully apply it using the ergonomically designed application device (£39.05 extra). 

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, bigfool1956 said:

So, nobody made it to the bottom of the page that was linked where it says "This is a joke" then?

Or even the post earlier in this thread Dave, from the guy who runs the website linked, who clearly states that:

“Obviously the Snake Oil is a bit of a pi$$ take and for comical purposes only. Don't buy it unless you feel like throwing away $1,000 AUD lol”

Edited by orbscure
  • Upvote 1

There is no such thing as snake oil

Even my wife could hear the difference