UnFocused

Google has discontinued Chromecast Audio

Just announced, https://9to5google.com/2019/01/11/google-discontinued-chromecast-audio/, Google has decided to discontinue Chromecast Audio.  Most commentators feel this is to make space for a Google assistant based replacement mini speaker, but this fails to recognise the huge utility this device had in home hifi.

I moved to these after my Squeezebox died and found them really useful, bit gutted such a simple, easy to use and well integrated device will no longer continue to be developed. >:(

Just announced, https://9to5google.com/2019/01/11/google-discontinued-chromecast-audio/, Google has decided to discontinue Chromecast Audio.  Most commentators feel this is to make space for a Google assistant based replacement mini speaker, but this fails to recognise the huge utility this device had in home hifi.
I moved to these after my Squeezebox died and found them really useful, bit gutted such a simple, easy to use and well integrated device will no longer continue to be developed. 
I'm having troubles using the mirror feature on Google home ie I can't cast radio paridise from my phone to CA .... ?!?

Is this due to the recent announcement or potentially a problem local to me .... Any suggestions?

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

It's literally days since I recommended CCA in a different thread as a potential solution for making a decent 'wifi hifi'. Ah well.

Edited by BillShatnersToupee

I wouldn’t buy any ‘last minute’ bargain ones though. Google are likely to ‘brick’ them in the near future to encourage sales of whatever stand-alone speaker they will replace it with.

• Upvote 1