Hap Hazzard

A bit of fun ?

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

I got 4 out of 6. I was listening with an iPad with headphones from Poundland.  :D 

Maybe im just good at guessing.

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Upvote 1

I got 320kb for Neil Young - got the others right though.  Listening on PC with AT on the ear headphones I got free when my daughter got me a sub to a hifi mag (world I think).  Redid it twice - and Neil Young one was the only one that let me down - have to say though the music was not of the best recorded quality methinks

Super Wammer

Got one uncompressed wav correct and picked the 320k on the rest, using decent inear headphones connected to the ipad. Might try on the main system tomorrow.

Slightly annoyed I got Susanne Vega wrong as its one of my favourite songs ever, it was used tp tune the mp3 algorithm though so might sound the same in 320k.

Edited by hlinden

4 out of 6 here.

I got Coldplay and Jaz Z wrong. I can’t say I’ve ever really listened to Coldplay before but the production on that song has to be one of the worst I’ve ever heard.

I'd just like to state for the record, having spent ages soldering up a quality linear power supply for the laptop and spending a quite considerable amount of money and time purchasing and driving North for a quality ethernet cable with guarantees of such a low noise floor, where the blacks almost became so black it was almost like I was lost in a vacuum of space, veils were lifted and I was now quite able to determine the difference between MP3 and WAV.

Thank goodness my many thousands of hard earned pounds weren't wasted and I was happy once more!

:^