Tip1

Hotel rooms for visitors

Hi all,

Are there any rooms available for visitors ?

I would love to have a walk around on the Saturday night with a Brandy. 

Cheers

Tip

Super Wammer
59 minutes ago, Tip1 said:

Hi all,

Are there any rooms available for visitors ?

I would love to have a walk around on the Saturday night with a Brandy. 

Cheers

Tip

These are usually allocated after the exhibitors have taken up their rooms, which as yet have not been allocated.

Super Wammer

Just a small addition to this as well as the rooms at the Kegeworth Hotel there is another hotel a very short walk away so it is possible to get a room there even if all the rooms at the show hotel are used. What it means is all those that wanted a room were able to get one . I am sure Peter and the other organisers will give out more details closer to the date .

Super Wammer

Bump!

I don't live a million miles away but would prefer to stay over, enjoy a wee dram, have a room wander etc. I'm sure that there will be others wishing to do so, including those who have previously exhibited and enjoyed the craic but who are skipping exhibitionism this year...

Rather than each of us ringing up Hotel B to sort out a room and rate, is there any chance the organisers could negotiate a "conference" rate and just tell us what it is and how to book? Thans in anticipation, breath held, etc.

Edited by TheFlash

2 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Bump!

I don't live a million miles away but would prefer to stay over, enjoy a wee dram, have a room wander etc. I'm sure that there will be others wishing to do so, including those who have previously exhibited and enjoyed the craic but who are skipping exhibitionism this year...

Rather than each of us ringing up Hotel B to sort out a room and rate, is there any chance the organisers could negotiate a "conference" rate and just tell us what it is and how to book? Thans in anticipation, breath held, etc.

Me too! I'd be interested in a cheap rate if poss and the possibility of walking corridors Saturday night slightly inebriated... :^

Actually I've just booked somewhere with free cancellation so I'm going regardless and can cancel if given enough time too but it would be fun if you could organise something where we all congregate...

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

Actually I've just booked somewhere with free cancellation so I'm going regardless and can cancel if given enough time too but it would be fun if you could organise something where we all congregate...

Where?

8 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Where?

A B&B around 8 minutes walk away sober or around 15 minutes if I don't get lost apres Malt tasting and sound listening...

£55 inc. Full English breakfast which seemed reasonable?

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I've just booked the Best Western over the road. Not as good a deal as Ade's B&B at £65 exc breakfast but I thought post-midnight access might be easier (well, you never know: music and drinking might conceivably continue into the wee hours...).

How exciting.

4 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Not as good a deal as Ade's B&B at £65 exc breakfast but I thought post-midnight access might be easier (well, you never know: music and drinking might conceivably continue into the wee hours...).

How exciting.

You want me to order extra sausages to go and bring them with me?:22:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

You want me to order extra sausages to go and bring them with me?:22:

Ooh err, matron.

I'm sure your breakfast will be substantially better than my extra cost one... but at least I'll be able to find my room while you're curled up in a doorway having given up on finding your B&B!

See you there, Ade.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Ooh err, matron.

I'm sure your breakfast will be substantially better than my extra cost one... but at least I'll be able to find my room while you're curled up in a doorway having given up on finding your B&B!

See you there, Ade.

I've got weeks yet to memorize the route and there is always Google Maps... Plus I like creature comforts now I'm older and creaky in the mornings! :D

• Like 1

Super Wammer
41 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I've just booked the Best Western over the road. Not as good a deal as Ade's B&B at £65 exc breakfast but I thought post-midnight access might be easier (well, you never know: music and drinking might conceivably continue into the wee hours...).

How exciting.

Is that Yew Lodge?  Now I’m confused - which is the actual show hotel?

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Is that Yew Lodge?  Now I’m confused - which is the actual show hotel

Kegworth hotel and conference centre

• Like 1

Super Wammer
21 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Kegworth hotel and conference centre

Thank you!