Sign in to follow this  
Lawrence001

Any chance of a lift from North London please?

I'm doing the suitcase challenge this year but before I buy my train tickets, I was wondering if anyone is going from London, or passing nearby on the Saturday morning (I'm not far from the M25 Potter's Bar and A10 junctions) and would mind picking me and my suitcase up? I might be able to get a lift to a nearby junction.

Thanks!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Sorted now and planning my system - to suitcase challenge or not to suitcase challenge.

I am also considering going - if I find a lift (from anywhere in London). If i go, I am thinking of bringing one, two or three suitcase systems (all in one suitcase). 

Is anybody able to take a passenger + the suitcase? 

Failing that, any tips on how best to get to Kegworth from London by train?

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

It will be a train leaving from St Pancras to either Derby or Loughborough , then a bus or coach I would imagine. If you google it you will find out for sure.

Edited by greybeard

Thanks, will check train options out.

Still would prefer to get a ride.

I realise it is too late to get an exhibitor room? All gone?

if so, my only option would be to find someone with a room who is prepared to host me and the 3 systems?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Thanks, will check train options out.

Still would prefer to get a ride.

I realise it is too late to get an exhibitor room? All gone?

if so, my only option would be to find someone with a room who is prepared to host me and the 3 systems?

Would suggest you send a PM to Peter @ HiFiWigwam Admin and ask if there are any spare rooms . Hemight be able to squeeze you in .

I am also considering going - if I find a lift (from anywhere in London). If i go, I am thinking of bringing one, two or three suitcase systems (all in one suitcase). 
Is anybody able to take a passenger + the suitcase? 
Failing that, any tips on how best to get to Kegworth from London by train?
I went by train last year, one train and 5 min wait for bus if you time it properly. Google maps will work out the route for you.

Posted (edited)

Putting my thoughts together (as it is a mix of a lift vs public transport and exhibiting vs just visiting):

There are no public transport options from/to London for a day trip. So still seeking a return lift for Sunday. This could be either a visitor only or suitcase challenge if someone would share an exhibitor room (happy to share the cost as well).

If exhibiting in a separate paid room (which needs to be found), would still prefer a lift Sat (to) and Sun (back). Public transport - need to check if there are any options and the cost. 

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ

You can get from Paddington to East Midlands Parkway easily an the Sunday with journey time under 2 hours.

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/personal/home/search

16 hours ago, bencat said:

Would suggest you send a PM to Peter @ HiFiWigwam Admin and ask if there are any spare rooms . Hemight be able to squeeze you in .

Done :nerves:

Super Wammer

Joolz who's in Kent, has very recently booked a room for Sat + Sun, think it's only him so might be worth a PM to see if he wants to share room and costs. If your lucky he may even pick you up as I expect he will do M25\M1. 

I cannot find any trains for Sunday as a daytrip (including East Midlands Parkway). 
Where are you searching?

Posted (edited)

National rail journey planner.

There are trains Sat/return Sunday, but no trains Sun/Sun.

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

I cannot find any trains for Sunday as a daytrip (including East Midlands Parkway). 

Using the link Robin/Wizmax provided above, there are plenty of trains from St.Pancreas to East Midlands Parkway... every half hour :) 

trains.thumb.jpg.1e2e241adbfc74625f56d6e78a2e987e.jpg