Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Bignose5

BBC Four Tonight 21:00 Guitar,Drum & Bass Documentary

:^ Thanks for the heads up, I'd forgot this was on tonight.

I was expecting it to be a bit bland, and underwhelming, but it was the opposite. Thoroughly enjoyable. From the history lesson of the “Deep south” to the dodgy drum machines of the 80’s, it was all very informative and continuously enjoyable to the end.

Worth watching.

• Like 1

I found it enjoyable but would of loved Stuart to have got together with Terry Bozzio and played his monster kit.

I think Terry is worth a stand alone hour length documentary in his own right .

Ive seen him at a drum fest play his monster kit and do a Q&A.

Its something to behold.

Chad from the Red Hots was there .

Edited by Bignose5

Nice little tribute to Bernard Edwards.

• Upvote 1

On 19/01/2019 at 00:27, Von Krolock said:

Nice little tribute to Bernard Edwards.

Incredible to think of all the amazing tracks he has been a part of yet I did not know his name.

This series is excellent by the way. Highly recommend.

Super Wammer
On 21/01/2019 at 23:37, lostwin said:

Incredible to think of all the amazing tracks he has been a part of yet I did not know his name.

Sadly I missed it, any idea if it’s going to be repeated?

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:37, lostwin said:

I agree with the above, however I was disappointed that Andy Fraser (Free), John Paul Jones (Zeppelin), John Entwhistle (Who), Mike Rutherford (Genesis), Chris Squire (Yes), Sting, Roger Waters, Tony Levin, etc. didn't get a mention. I got the impression the presenter Tina Weymouth, as a typical American, cannot see beyond what happens in America.

:sofa:

Available via BBC iplayer Here

Edited by jkbmusic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fantasque said:

Sadly I missed it, any idea if it’s going to be repeated?

Undoubtedly it will be a regular repeat in the near future !

The third and final part is on BBC4 on Friday at 2100hrs (UK time) or whenever you want on iPlayer if you have it.

As Jeff says, thoroughly enjoyable.

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, hylander said:

Undoubtedly it will be a regular repeat in the near future !

The third and final part is on BBC4 on Friday at 2100hrs (UK time) or whenever you want on iPlayer if you have it.

As Jeff says, thoroughly enjoyable.

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I can’t  access iPlayer as I live in France and my IP address is blocked, can’t be bothered to pay for a IP spoofing service. :^

2 minutes ago, Fantasque said:

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I can’t  access iPlayer as I live in France and my IP address is blocked, can’t be bothered to pay for a IP spoofing service. :^

Try Windscribe - you can get 10gb a month free if you actually sign up with them.  Works fine - I've watched iPlayer using it in a number of countries.

https://windscribe.com/

38 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

I agree with the above, however I was disappointed that Andy Fraser (Free), John Paul Jones (Zeppelin), John Entwhistle (Who), Mike Rutherford (Genesis), Chris Squire (Yes), Sting, Roger Waters, Tony Levin, etc. didn't get a mention. I got the impression the presenter Tina Weymouth, as a typical American, cannot see beyond what happens in America.

:sofa:

Available via BBC iplayer Here

Agree that there are many fine and influential bassists that could have been included. I guess with a 1 hour show that attempts to highlight the history behind each instrument from pre-pop times through to modern day is inevitably going to be selective.

From a British perspective both McCartney and Hooky were included 

Super Wammer
47 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

Try Windscribe - you can get 10gb a month free if you actually sign up with them.  Works fine - I've watched iPlayer using it in a number of countries.

https://windscribe.com/

That looks a really good service, thanks for pointing it out :^