plasticpenguin

Phone upgrade

Just been out and purchased a Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus. The visuals are stunning and seems easy to use for a complete tech idiot like me. 

8 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Just been out and purchased a Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus. The visuals are stunning and seems easy to use for a complete tech idiot like me. 

I'm a phone luddite and currently use a Samsung S5. It needs replacing as too slow, in your research what made you decide on this model rather than the S series?

I really need to look at the various options but I can't be arsed to be honest. Lazy man's approach I know! :doh:

Realistically I need good camera, sound and ability for it to multitask. A quick read up tells me the J4+ should do this. Would you know what I'll miss between that model and say a second hand S7?

If you can help, thanks...

Got any kids you can ask ?

Just now, Bazzer said:

Got any kids you can ask ?

Nope, thank goodness!

I just did a quick Google but these damn things confuse me, I get bored of it all...

The review I just read shows the S7 ahead on tech and processor speed, but it's older. My thinking is why would they bring out tech that is inferior, so although lesser on the J4+, it's newer so possibly better?

Too confusing for a Luddite like me and I can't be bothered to listen to the tedious ramblings of a phone salesman... :(

Terrible I am!

:D

The android phone world is mind boggling , I got talked into an iphone , only a little one the SE , so glad I got it , these app things are brilliant . I buy my coffee with a Nero app , shop Tesco app , banking app , currently listening to Radio Paradise streamed with AirPlay to my Denon Network unit .

• Upvote 1

I have a OnePlus 5 and my other half has a OnePlus 6 - great value phones, all the performance of the top end Galaxy phones at much less cost.

37 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

I'm a phone luddite and currently use a Samsung S5. It needs replacing as too slow, in your research what made you decide on this model rather than the S series?

I really need to look at the various options but I can't be arsed to be honest. Lazy man's approach I know! :doh:

Realistically I need good camera, sound and ability for it to multitask. A quick read up tells me the J4+ should do this. Would you know what I'll miss between that model and say a second hand S7?

If you can help, thanks...

The camera image is very good. Thw whole thing so far is impressive.

Reason for buying this is because my previous phone is so old it's grown a beard.

Super Wammer
On 11/01/2019 at 12:43, Tony_J said:

I have a OnePlus 5 and my other half has a OnePlus 6 - great value phones, all the performance of the top end Galaxy phones at much less cost.

I agree. Used to have a OnePlus 3 and just upgraded to 6T and love both, especially considering the price.

Do think the 3’s headphone jack sounded better compared to the new usb to headphone plug equipping 6 though.