ian917

FS: Michell Orbe turntable

Full Orbe turntable (no arm or cartridge) in very good condition with armboards for Rega and SME, lid and spare, brand new in packet, Michell belt. Easily the best turntable I've ever owned. Grab yourself a bargain - these are now nearly £4000 new.

£1250 - No box, so collection only from near Coventry. Payment via BT only.

orbe_zpsz1xchaav.jpg

• Like 1

Great turntable this, I’ve heard it at Ian’s bake offs and it is lovely.

Great price too.

Ruddy Nora that is a nice price for a lovely T/T.

A bronze Orbe is my dream turntable. I’ve already spent too much money last year. New (to me) car/motorcycle and we need a new kitchen.  There’s no way I could sneak this in 😕. Perhaps if I sold a camera...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seanm said:

Hello. Can I ask what age/version it is?

It’s a full Orbe with the built in acrylic base and lid.

I bought it from a dealer a couple of years ago but I have no idea of it’s age. I will look for a serial number and ask Michell if they can tell me the year of manufacture.

Great, thanks, although don't go to the trouble for my sake alone: I wouldn't be able to collect, so I'm really just registering my interest in case you can't find a buyer who can, and reconsider the possibility of posting. Perhaps Michell could supply a box.

Mitchell will supply a box but I seem to remember they used to be £50 and that was some years ago.

It's the cheapest I've ever seen one so age is largely irrelevant. There's nothing to really age (apart from the belt) and it comes with a new one.

It's a bargain. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

BUMMER!! 

Still makes things easier, as I don't have to umm and ahh whether to go for it or not now. 

21 hours ago, Lurch said:

BUMMER!! 

Still makes things easier, as I don't have to umm and ahh whether to go for it or not now. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dr-Feickert-Twin-Turntable-with-Heavy-Platter/322978548139?hash=item4b330589ab:g:84cAAOSwdW9aTiFV

OH WELL THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER